Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/17/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position is responsible for the Rural Veterans Coordination Program development and implementation, serving primarily recently transitioning veterans, focusing on rural veterans, women veterans, and veteran transportation issues, as well as issues/concerns impacting veteran students attending post-secondary institutions.
• This position incorporates project development and coordination. Includes assessing rural veteran needs; working with the rural veteran population, veteran agencies and veteran students to plan and implement programs to address issues facing women veterans returning to civilian life, veterans in rural areas which who are marginalized through transportation needs, and veterans who are entering post-secondary education. Grant management includes working closely with veteran students, veteran service providing organization, and college staff/faculty. The position works through San Juan College to oversee budget and professional development, to report usage and success data, to write reports and to request additional funding or assistance as needed. Transition project management includes developing and coordinating new services specifically related to women veterans returning to civilian life as well as recommendations for rural veteran transportation issues. The development of curriculum and curriculum delivery for assisting post-secondary institutions in achieving success in veteran student recruitment and retention is included in the position.
• Plans, implements and evaluates program initiative developed through focus group findings to address women veteran needs in their return to civilian life.
• Plans, implements and evaluates program for approaches to addressing transportation challenges for veterans in rural New Mexico.
• Develop and implement hybrid course for state wide use which assist with veterans return to college
• Plans, implements and evaluates grant program, project development and coordination; regional networking; and grant management.
• Develops budget requests and manages assigned budget.
• Attends training, conferences and seminars.
• Maintains purchase card transaction records.
• Processes travel requisitions.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of issues relevant to rural veteran students and veterans in higher education.
• Knowledge of computers and job related software programs.
• Knowledge of budget management principles.
• Knowledge of program management principles.
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse rural community.
This position reports to the Vice President for Student Services at San Juan College, with strategic oversight provided through a veterans’ advisory group. The Vice President for Student Services assigns work in terms of very general instructions and spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include Family Education Rights and Privacy Act regulations, federal student aid guidelines, student admissions processes, technical and professional contracts, and college policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of varied duties in the management of the Rural Veterans Coordination Project. The variety of projects to be managed contributes to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to develop and implement necessary programs. . Success in this position contributes to individual veteran student success.
• Contacts are typically with veteran students, co-workers, other college personnel, faculty, staff, representation from veteran organizations, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, to provide services, or to motivate or influence persons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping or walking. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
All applicants subject to criminal background investigation prior to employment.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.