Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/11/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Vice President, Saint Leo University (SLU) Worldwide is responsible for the general management of all University centers and online education, supporting over 13,000 students and some 2,000 staff and faculty. Working through the Center AVP’s and Center Directors, ensures that day-to-day general management of the centers are executed in adherence to policies and procedures. Responsible for meeting quarterly, annual, and strategic business plans for both the revenues derived from new and continuing students as well as for the centers’ overall expenses and the attainment of operating income. Consults closely with management and functional leaders of Saint Leo University to assure that University initiatives are implemented and managed appropriately. This position provides leadership and guidance for University efforts to develop continuing education and online programs to serve the needs of adult students; to maintain SLU commitment to educate men and women through the innovative partnership programs with military bases and community/state colleges; to explore new markets for SLU education; to be responsible for oversight of credit for life experience programs offered to adult students returning to or starting their college education; to evaluate all continuing education programs and personnel to enhance their understanding of the values and principles that guide the SLU community and to encourage them in their pursuit of excellence.
• Approve quarterly, annual, and long-range business plans for all the centers, and submits for review and approval
• Achieve fiscal and operating objectives, as well as develops the strategic objectives for all centers.
• Work with the AVP’s and Center Directors to assure that staffing is appropriate for maximum efficiency and goal attainment
• Manages the overall integration of acquired schools, the start-up of new schools, including shared services locations serving as the host school
• Assist in the achievement of the University’s new student recruitment goals
• Ensure that human resources are managed and developed. Achieves succession planning and management development targets
• Ensure that federal, state, accreditation, financial aid standards and regulations, and system rules standards are met
• Collaborate with functional leadership to allocate resources and maintain an understanding of critical issues and solutions
• Participate in the development of the University-wide mission, vision and values, and a five-year strategic plan that is assessed and evaluated, and ensure center activities support of the University-wide mission, vision and values, and approved five-year strategic plans
• Work collaboratively with staff and faculty to develop and communicate a SLU Worldwide model and plan consistent with the mission, vision, and values of the University
• Direct the operations of all continuing education and online programs
• Build and maintain a strong and stable staff of professionals knowledgeable and experienced in student services, passionate about working personally with students and committed to Saint Leo University’s mission, vision, and values
• Supervise, coordinate, and evaluate the performance of all direct reports working with education centers and online programs
• Assist with education center efforts to improve retention and graduation rates through improved research, service, and special interventions as required
• Supervises all Center AVP’s; works closely with the President’s Staff, and other University leaders to coordinate strategic initiatives and efforts for the University
• Other duties and special projects as assigned
• A Master’s degree in a relevant field of higher education or business is required. Doctoral degree in a relevant field of higher education or business is desired
• Ten or more years of higher education experience with increasing responsibility required
• Experience as a Vice President or Dean/Director required; teaching experience desirable
• A track record of success in developing and executing short term and long term strategic plans and driving concrete results
• Excellent skills for dealing with the external/internal customer
• Excellent oral, written, and analytical skills
• Ability to manage interpersonal communication in a team environment
• Ability to balance many tasks and responsibilities simultaneously
• Ability to manage time and stress for self and others
• Ability to develop creative and innovate programs and services
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.