Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/19/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The HR Business Partner is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior management in supporting designated geographic regions/areas. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment/employment, benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, training, policy implementation and employment law compliance.
• Conducts recruitment efforts for all exempt and non-exempt personnel, students and temporary employees; oversees new hire screening, background checks, employee onboarding and orientation; writes and places job advertisements; maintains accurate and timely job postings
• Answers/directs compensation and benefit related questions/inquiries
• Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing
• Facilitates healthy employee relations through coaching and counseling supervisors and employees, and fostering both development planning and a progressive discipline process. Conducts thorough and timely investigations and provides recommendations for appropriate corrective action to management
• Partners with employees and management to administer and communicate various HR policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations. Maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual. Ensures legal and ethical compliance with state and federal laws
• Responsible for the completion and accuracy of all personnel files, including I-9’s. Conducts audits as needed and/or directed
• Facilitates the implementation of systems, programs, tools and processes designed to improve management and employee performance, productivity, engagement and business results. Maintains HRIS records with accuracy and timeliness. Compiles reports and trends analysis data
• Assists in the evaluation of reports, decision and results of the department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed
• Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with all employees, students, external agencies and vendors of the University
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in human resources or closely related field required; Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in human resources or closely related field desired
• Three to five years of experience as a human resources generalist preferably in post-secondary education or other field with large employee base and strong external customer service requirements (e.g. healthcare, retail, financial services, etc.)
• PHR/SPHR certification preferred
• Any equivalent combination of education and experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and staff population
• Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivational skills
• Strong computer literacy skills with MS Office suite, as well as HRIS applications
• Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments
• Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, students, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests
• Ability work without close supervision and to set ones priorities and work schedule
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines
• Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and professional discretion
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.