Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/19/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Applications are currently being accepted from learning-focused, creative and dynamic candidates for a full-time Automated Packaging Systems Technician Program Instructor at Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College, New Richmond Campus. The Automated Packaging Systems Technician program provides training in servicing and repairing a wide variety of packaging equipment and automated systems. Emphasis is on the maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical, mechanical, and fluid power components on packaging equipment including industrial computer controls and programmable logic controllers.
• Facilitates learning for all students
• Accommodates a variety of learning styles
• Embeds diversity in classroom activities
• Uses a variety of instructional delivery methods
• Incorporates appropriate teaching methods and technologies in the learning process
• Assesses learners in a variety of ways
• Uses a variety of assessment methods and tools including but not limited to performance assessments, skills checklists, writing assignments, tests, quizzes, group work, partner activities, short- and long-term projects, and employment portfolios
• Documents assessment of learner achievement, core abilities, course competencies, and program outcomes
• Partners with learners
• Helps learners define and achieve their academic and career goals
• Maintains availability to learners during posted office hours and by using email, voicemail, and/or online postings
• Provides academic advising for learners
• Demonstrates support for student clubs and organizations
• Writes course-appropriate curricula
• Continually improves course content that reflects course competencies as well as current workplace practices
• Develops and updates learning opportunities that reflect WITC’s Learning College tenets
• Collaborates with colleagues from all disciplines to ensure a multi-disciplinary approach and perspective to teaching and learning
• Researches and selects textbooks, library resources, software, and other learning materials
• Develops, implements, and annually updates an Individualized Learning Plan
• Stays current in area(s) of teaching
• Continues education and training in area(s) of teaching in accordance with accrediting commission, agencies, and professional associations
• Includes industry work experience, job shadowing, and/or participation in professional or trade organizations
• Manages learning environments in a manner consistent with college policies and procedures
• Distributes to learners, and places on file, an up-to-date syllabus for each course
• Records and submits grades
• Maintains other records as required
• Communicates using email, voicemail, and/or online postings
• Monitors condition and safety of classrooms and labs and reports needed maintenance and repairs
• Solicits quotations and bids and procures supplies and equipment
• Assists in student recruitment and job placement activities
• Participates in campus promotional activities such as open houses and career days
• Announces and/or posts job openings provided by area employers
• Works with appropriate staff to facilitate job placement
• Partners with the Academic Dean, Trade & Technical, in fulfilling the mission, vision, and values of the College
• Collaborates in the scheduling of classes
• Assumes an active role in the assessment of own professional performance
• Participates actively in campus, collegewide, regional, and state teams and committees
• Participates in operational planning processes
• Recruits, constructs, and annually consults with advisory committees and business partners
• Serves on selection committees to hire new staff
• Mentors other faculty
• Fosters the college’s community relationships
• Promotes relationships with high schools and other colleges and universities
• Promotes relationships with area business and industry
1. Bachelor’s degree in related area or equivalency.* (Copies of official or unofficial college transcripts required.)
2. Minimum of two years (4,000 hours) occupational experience working in the packaging or industrial maintenance field of which at least one year (2,000 hours) shall be within three years prior to the date of appointment.
3. Proficiency in use of computers and technology required.
4. Teaching experience preferred.
5. Curriculum development experience preferred.
6. Experience using alternative instructional delivery methods preferred.
*Equivalency to a bachelor’s degree is 7 years occupational experience in automated packaging related area and/or a combination of training and occupational experience totaling 7 years.
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, a resume, and original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts. If you have noted an educational degree on your application, WITC requests transcripts to support your degree. Official transcripts are required prior to an offer of employment.
If unable to scan or attach transcripts, please mail to Human Resources at the address below or fax to 715.468.7752:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
Please include the posting number on the envelope or fax cover to facilitate the processing of your application.
WITC is an Equal Opportunity/Access Employer and Educator.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.