Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/27/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Responsible for the review, evaluations, equation, and processing of transfer credit for new, continuing, and returning students. Provides professional assistance and serves as a resource for students, staff, and faculty in determining appropriate interpretation and application of university policies and procedures as they relate to transfer credit.
• Verify all document names and social security numbers agree with recorded student information.
• Prepare incoming documents for data entry.
• Evaluate and enter transfer credit from external sources.
• Apply degree waivers for applicable associate and bachelor degrees.
• Process Program Update Requests received from centers and main campus.
• Research and update erroneous information in student’s records.
• Verify accuracy of degree audits/evaluations.
• Research and update institution information in the system.
• Determine appropriateness of courses students wish to take at external institutions and transfer back to SLU.
• Consult with and provide assistance to university personnel regarding transfer credit and degree evaluations.
• Assign specific course equivalencies based on academic chairs’ and/or deans’ guidelines for transfer courses that are not clearly identified in traditional research and source documents
• Counsels and provides on-going training to Evaluations Staff Assistants.
• Assist in compilation of information from external agencies for resolution by academic chairs or deans.
• Confer with department chairs’ and/or deans’ for guidance and approval of courses when necessary.
• Run a daily tracking report and verify all documents are accounted for and completed within the time allowed.
• Keep informed of transfer credit policies, articulation agreements and catalog requirements.
• Utilize research material from various professional organizations and publications.
• Supervise and/or assist on special projects and committees as assigned.
• Assist advisors and students as needed.
• Maintain confidentiality of information
• Participate and contribute to the success of official events, including, but not limited to commencement.
• Perform other duties assigned.
• Proficiency in data entry
• Ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively
• Excellent comprehensive reasoning and analytical ability
• Ability to adapt to change and learn new procedures
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Knowledge of higher education.
• Dependable and responsible with minimal supervision.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in any discipline and 2 years work experience
• Progressively responsible experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience and training that provides required knowledge, skills and abilities
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.