Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/12/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Provide administrative assistant support for the off-campus Centers for Educators (ROC-Education and ROC-Teacher Education programs) and general support for the Regional and Online Campus (ROC) central office.
—Provide administrative support to the Assistant Dean of ROC/Director for Centers for Educators, Associate Director of Teacher Education, Assistant Director of Teacher Education, Academic Advisors, and Credential Analyst/Advisor.
The duties include:
- Provide general information to prospective students and current students.
-Know the web application process and provide instructions for students on how to successfully submit a web application.
- Receive and process paper applications and enter them into Recruiter/Banner and check for accuracy in a timely. Setup and maintain new student files. Scan and index application and application materials in BDMS. Forward originals to appropriate academic advisor.
-Manage and maintain student files in an efficient manner. Archive, inactivate, and purge files as prescribed by policy..
- Act as a Recruiter/Banner super-user. This requires a comprehensive understanding of Recruiter/Banner student forms. Audit records, evaluate screens for missing or inappropriate data, ensure there are no double ID numbers, update student records, verify eligibility for possible discounts, and assist in troubleshooting solutions. Responsible for keeping data current.
-Create Quick Admit records for students who have not been officially admitted but intend to register for the upcoming term.
-Responsible for updating, preparing, organizing, mailing and filing all materials required for new cohort organizational meetings (information packets, sing in sheets, student ID cards and start up memo)
-Process second term student start-ups including mailing of admission packets, ID cards and Recruiter/Banner data input in a timely and accurate manner to ensure students can register on time.
-Responsible for monitoring and ordering supplies for the Centers for Educators and the ROC-Teacher Education curriculum labs.
-Responsible for ordering desk copies of textbooks for faculty in the ROC-Teacher Ed. Program.
-Typing up of Master Teacher payments each term.
-Make hotel arrangements for adjunct and full-time faculty as needed and monitor billing statements for various hotels instructor stay at for accuracy. Submit bill to the appropriate budget department for payment.
- Prepare purchase orders and check requests as needed.
- Assist the registration process for the Professional Development Courses
-Act as official backup to the ROC Student Services department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
by the Assistant Dean-ROC/Director for Centers for Educators.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Three years of successful office experience demonstrating good computer skills, organizational skills, good customer service and professional telephone skills. The successful candidate should demonstrate the ability to prioritize, initiate and complete tasks. The candidate will be able to communicate professionally with adult students and respect the diversity of our students.
Knowledge of Banner and Recruiter programs.
Some educational environment experience.
The hiring range for this position is dependent upon qualifications and departmental equity. Benefits of employment include a comprehensive health and welfare plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse and dependent children and a generous 10% contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.