Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/19/2011.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
EQUIPMENT AND COMPUTER SKILLS:
- Ability to work with the EMR program in operation following intensive orientation.
- Basic knowledge and skills of computer and word processing, printers, copiers, telephone and FAX machines.
- Comprehensive knowledge of varied pieces of medical equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, government, and medical reports.
- Ability to effectively communicate with students, colleagues and others.
- Receive report from previous shift nurse with regard to admitted patients condition and progress, and review all noteworthy events which transpired during the previous 16 hours.
- Count all controlled substances at the beginning and end of each shift. Verify accuracy by signing controlled substance distribution records as required by regulation.
- Assist with special events as scheduled.
- Treat each student eligible for treatment with dignity and respect.
- Maintain an efficient and effective patient flow.
- Maintain complete and accurate records on all treatments and medications administered.
- Respond to emergencies quickly and efficiently after arranging for care of in-bed patients.
- Make referrals to off campus specialists as required and ordered by a physician, PA or APRN.
- Follow up and record all pertinent information from referrals.
- Assist physician as required.
- Replace, clean, and disinfect/sterilize all equipment used; restock as necessary.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF NIGHT NURSE:
- Restock medications, supplies, equipment, paper forms and educational pamphlets. Enter all needed supplies in the order book. Maintain supplies with regard to expiration date.
- Complete questionnaires and prepare examination room for GYN clinics.
- Monitor and record temperature of refrigerators. Temperature must be maintained at 35-42° F.
- Check and replace emergency bag contents twice weekly.
- Replace sharps and biohazard containers as needed.
- This position requires a graduate of an accredited school of nursing who is licensed in the State of Connecticut and certified in CPR/AED training.
- Five or more years of RN experience direct patient care, preferably emergency services.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.