Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/8/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position will primarily function at service area high schools and the San Juan College campus as a College and ENLACE representative within the school districts as assigned, rotating among the districts as required.
This position is a grant funded position. Continuance of this position is reliant upon continued grant funding.
• Assist high school students with the college admission process and dual enrollment.
• Assist with Accuplacer testing on high school campuses and in other locations as needed.
• Work with Career Center and Talent Search programs at San Juan College.
• Implement state and institutional policies and procedures.
• Interpret test scores.
• Provide degree path/plans and explain degree and certificate programs.
• Assist with registration – to include teaching students online processes, course selection, data entry, etc.
• Assist with resolution of academic issues as an advocate for students.
• Assist with financial aid application and process.
• Conduct orientations and workshops throughout the academic year both on and off campus.
• Attend college and career community and high school events as scheduled.
• Assist with group advising and/or group registration stations.
• Assist with San Juan College and ENLACE events.
• Conduct a retention intervention and seek the students out to determine if additional support is needed to ensure success through their first semester of enrollment.
• Employ additional high touch strategies with each cohort to maintain support.
• Assist with campus activities as required to fully serve the matriculating college students.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Ability to read, write and speak both English and Spanish
• Excellent computer skills-Proficiency in MS Office
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, administrators, and other staff members
• Ability to work well with individuals from diverse backgrounds
• Must be available to work mandatory evenings and weekends
• Assignment will include service area high schools
• Previous work with high school students
• Previous experience in a community college
• Knowledge of student data management systems such as Datatel, Colleague, Canvas or similar software.
The Director of ENLACE/Hispanic/Latino Programs assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include the college employee handbook, grant requirements, and college and program policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of varied specialized program and event coordination duties. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The College Transition Specialist will primarily function at service area high schools and the San Juan College campus as a College and ENLACE representative within the school districts as assigned, rotating among the districts as required to bridge students from high school into college successfully.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, faculty, staff, students, representatives of area high schools, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing or stooping. The employee frequently lifts light and occasionally heavy objects.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.