Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/15/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Position will report to the Director of Human Resources and will provide guidance, coordination, and support in the effective and consistent application of employee job classification and compensation administration policies and practices. This position will also be responsible for the Administrator payroll, on boarding and exiting processes for Administrator staff.
70% Administers and maintains various compensation-related systems:
Provides advice, training, and support to the university community, as appropriate, in the application of compensation management principles, guidelines, procedures, and best practices. Develop and maintain the university’s Classification and Compensation Plan and process; create, maintain and administer criteria and procedures to ensure internal consistency and integrity of the compensation and job classification process to include reclassification reviews, job restructuring and makes recommendations; conducts compensation and classification surveys. Advise and coordinate with administration and management staff in the proper classification of positions, interpretation of job classifications and the application of compensation and appropriate pay levels; prepare annual contract process, prepares Salary Schedules for all university positions Understands and is proficient in MSU Denver’s standard technology, Banner, PeopleAdmin or related HRIS system to continuously improve human resources program services. Understands and responsible for compliance with FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act); Audits pay practices to ensure compliance with federal and state legislation applicable to wage and hour laws and regulations and internal pay policies; Prepares and maintains utilization data, statistical analyses, reports and other HR related data. Creates and maintains organized records in compliance with rules and regulations of Confidentiality, FERPA and HPPA.
20% Administrator Contract Manager:
Works with departments to ensure that all documentation is submitted for personnel appointments for Administrator staff. Calculates salary and benefits based on appointment parameters. Works with DHR on special conditions of appointment and other contractual language. Coordinates the contract process for new appointments and oversees the annual compensation notification process for all continuing Administrator Staff. Works with HR team members to ensure that all aspects of employment for Administrator Staff are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
10% Report Generation:
Utilize various Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook to compose and prepare correspondence, memos, documents, spreadsheets and maintain electronic calendar for deadlines regarding regularly requested reports regarding Administrator and Faculty compensation requests. Maintains the CUPA compensation spreadsheet for Administrator staff. Maintains library of organizational charts for all departments in the university. Generates reports as directed by supervisor on a variety of data for compensation related matters. Conduct data research for various reports and projects as directed by the DHR including reporting and collection of salary survey data. Provide reports as necessary upon receiving data requests from departments such as IPEDS, Format 40, and other ad hoc data requests as requested by the DHR.
Although the above are typical of the duties and responsibilities normally performed, additional duties and responsibilities requiring the same or lesser skills, knowledge and dexterity may be required. Other duties as assigned.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or a related field.
• Experience in Human Resources.
• Or the equivalent combination of education and Human Resources experience is required (one year of education is equal to two years of experience).
• Experience using Banner, PeopleAdmin, or other related HRIS software
• Minimum of one year of experience with compensation programs, policies and procedures.
• The successful candidate must have experience working in collaboration with colleagues.
• Experience serving a diverse community of constituents.
• Experience providing customer service.
• Experience working in compliance with standards and procedures.
• Must have experience conducting job analysis and evaluation to determine compensation in compliance with federal and state wage and salary laws and regulations.
•At least two years of experience using Microsoft Office Suite ( Word, Excel, Outlook and Power point)
• Two years of experience in higher education.
• Two or more years of experience working in a Human Resources office in Higher Education
• Three or more years of classification and compensation experience
• Three or more years of experience conducting job analysis and job evaluation applying principles administration
• Experience providing on-the-job and technical guidance and training to staff;
• Professional Human Resource (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resource (SPHR) certification with the Society for Human Resource Management.
• Experience or ability to devise, design, and implement customized compensation surveys.
• Experience implementing career development and career laddering concepts, principles, and processes
• Experience analyzing and evaluating job content and writing accurate job descriptions.
• Experience developing policies and procedure documentation.
• Must be team oriented, highly communicative and willing to support all aspects of Human Resources operations.
• Must possess strong administrative, organizational, record maintenance and documenting skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing with diverse population;
• Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
• Experience or ability to gather or analyze statistical data and generate reports.
• Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures
• Knowledge of organization structure, staffing patterns, and job design;
• Must have ability to create and maintain organized records in compliance with rules and regulations of Confidentiality, FERPA and HPPA.
IMPORTANT: in order to be considered as applicant YOU MUST FILL OUT THE APPLICATION AT https://www.msudenverjobs.com.
Official Transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
Please Note: References refers to a list of the names and contact information for three or more professional references.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.