Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/1/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Compensation and Benefits Specialist reports to the AVP, Human Resources and is responsible for providing day-to-day compensation and benefit consultation service to HR Business Partners and Management on compensation and benefits issues/requests; Leads/participates in the implementation of designated compensation and benefit programs/projects.; Assist with the development and administration of both the Company sponsored benefit programs including Retirement Plans, Health and Welfare Plans and various compensation programs. Prepares benefits reports and assists with benefit presentations. Develops analyst and conducts compensation studies. Ensure that Company’s benefits programs adhere to all legal requirements.
• Administers various employee benefit program including health, dental, vision, retirement, life, tuition remission, FMLA and short and long term disability.
• Provide benefit orientations and enrollments for new hires.
• Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies.
• Process all changes for benefits for life events outside of open enrollment period.
• Prepare and maintain employee benefit files, ensuring accuracy, compliance and confidentiality.
• Update and maintain employee files regarding the tracking of benefit deductions or additions/subtractions in company payroll system.
• Report, analyze, and interpret benefit related data as required.
• Prepare and set up meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand University benefits.
• Respond to routine inquiries and requests regarding employee benefits.
• Maintain Compensation plan as required.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in human resources or closely related field required.
• Two to four years’ experience in employee benefit administration or related field preferably in post-secondary education or other field with large employee base and strong external customer service requirements (e.g. healthcare, retail, financial services, etc.)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and staff population
• Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivational skills
• Strong computer literacy skills with MS Office suite, as well as HRIS applications
• Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments
• Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, students, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests
• Ability work without close supervision and to set ones priorities and work schedule
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines
• Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and professional discretion
• PHR/SPHR and/or CEBS/CBP certification preferred
• Any equivalent combination of education and experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.