Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/25/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2215 - AFSCME - FT (hourly)
This full time, hourly position prepares a wide variety of foods in large volume production quantities. Instructs and directs other employees in the performance of their duties. Responsible for preparing and/or directing the preparation of food to be served complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures.
1) Operates standard institutional cooking and food preparation equipment in the preparation of food for serving.
2) Prepares, cooks and coordinates the preparation of hot and cold menu items by following standard recipes, production specifications and scheduled serving times.
3) Assigns duties and specific tasks to employees and assures that such tasks are completed in a timely manner.
4) Instructs and trains employees in the performance of their duties; coordinates efficient work flow and instructs others in the proper use of equipment.
5) Maintains records of work performed, time expended, food temperatures and ingredients used, etc.; performs basic mathematical calculations and records information as needed.
6) Maintains clean and sanitary work and dining.
7) Observes strict safety rules, sanitation standards and housekeeping practices.
8) Maintains all food items at proper temperatures as instructed; ensures that food samples are taken and properly stored for 72 hours.
9) Maintains surfaces, utensils, and equipment in a clean and serviceable condition.
10) Responds to client requests for service, special diets, as well as other information in a friendly and helpful manner.
11) Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Constant standing. Frequent stooping, pushing, pulling, walking and simple grasping. Occasional bending, squatting, twisting, and use of motor skills that require firm grasping, and fine manipulation. Minimal sitting and climbing. Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds. Minimal lifting of and carrying/transporting materials weighing up to 35 pounds. Minimal overhead lifting up to 25 pounds.
Somewhat disagreeable working conditions due to exposure to either high or low temperatures. Some element of personal risk due to hot surfaces, wet surfaces and cutting equipment.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers. Ability to work with ratios. Ability to read and write simple sentences. Knowledge of basic food preparation techniques including sautéing, display cooking, deep frying, grilling and steaming; ability to weigh and measure ingredients, ability to properly use knives and standard kitchen equipment; ability to create garnishes; knowledge of storage and handling; ability to understand and follow directions; ability to communication information so others will understand. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes meeting quality standards and evaluation of those standards.
Ability to read and write common vocabulary; knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. Knowledge of business and management principles involved in resource allocation, product methods, quality control and coordination of people and resources. Ability to motivate, develop, direct people as they work, and identify the best people for the job. Ability to monitor and assess performance to make improvements or take corrective action. Knowledge of techniques and equipment for handling food for consumption, including storage/handling techniques.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.