Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/15/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position is responsible for participating in the maintenance of college buildings, facilities, and equipment. An incumbent in this may be designated “Senior Maintenance Worker”.
• Repairs, maintains and makes alterations to facilities, furniture and equipment.
• Replaces lighting bulbs, ballasts, and switches.
• Plans and executes the moving of furniture and equipment; installs and reconfigures modular furniture.
• Replaces ceiling tiles and grid.
• Installs and repairs campus signage.
• Installs works of art.
• Purchases parts and supplies as needed.
• Operates equipment such as a loader, forklift or backhoe.
• Repairs roofs.
• Installs luminaries for annual display.
• Provides traffic control for major events.
• Oversees work performed by temporary help and service support contractors.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of general building maintenance principles and practices.
• Knowledge of building and safety codes.
• Knowledge of roof repair and maintenance principles.
• Knowledge of safe work practices.
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
• Skill in the use of hand and power tools.
• Skill in the completion of basic carpentry repairs.
• Skill in stucco repair.
• Skill in communicating with others.
The Assistant Director assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include building and safety codes and college policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of related maintenance duties. Inclement weather and the necessity of performing tasks in the presence of students, faculty, and staff contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is assist in the maintenance of the college campus. Success in this position contributes to the provision of a safe and well-maintained environment for college operations.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, faculty, staff, students, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to resolve problems or to provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, walking, bending or crouching. The employee frequently lifts light and heavy objects, climbs ladders, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, distinguishes between shades of color, and utilizes the sense of smell.
• The work is typically performed in an office, stockroom, warehouse and outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclement weather. The employee is exposed to noise, dust, dirt, grease, machinery with moving parts, contagious or infectious diseases, or irritating chemicals. Work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, gloves, etc.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.