Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/12/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position supports the development efforts of University Advancement and is responsible for the overall coordination, analysis, and production of information on prospects and donors to MSU Denver that will be used in support of the philanthropic mission of the University. The Development Research Analyst reports directly to the Associate Director of Development, but maintains close working relationships with other Advancement Services, Development and Alumni Relations staff.
PROSPECT RESEARCH 80%
• Collaborates with development staff to interpret, evaluate and recommend qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship approaches.
• Prepares professional in-depth briefings and a range of biographical and qualifying reports as requested, presenting relevant results, using diverse resources and informational sources. Updates prospect profiles in the database and files to keep records up-to-date and useful.
• Maintains and updates prospect management ratings and information within Raiser’s Edge database, relevant to support the identification, segmentation, qualification, financial assessment, and assignment of new, pipeline, and active prospects.
• Responds to research and prospect qualification inquiries to support the fundraising and engagement efforts of the President’s Office, Vice President, Foundation board members, all fundraisers, Assoc VP, and other members of University Advancement, as requested. Tracks requests, workflow and status in order to provide quarterly operational reports.
• Proactively identifies new prospects, updates existing reports/bios, and provides supplemental and on-going information to assigned fundraiser on existing prospects.
• Applies best practice research methodology to gather, analyze and synthesize biographical, financial, qualifying, analytical and historical data for individuals, alumni, corporations, and foundations to support University Advancement in the accomplishment of defined fundraising objectives and strategies.
RESEARCH OPERATIONS 20%
• Provides expert advice to users of Raiser’s Edge, regarding access to and use of biographical information, notes, screening and analytics results. In partnership with Advancement Services, makes recommendations for storing research-related information in the Raiser’s Edge, keeping end-user needs in mind.
• Participates in research industry meetings and stays aware of new methods, practices, and resources toward the advancement of MSU Denver’s fundraising operations.
• Supports and participates in prospect management meetings, providing reports and data reviews to enhance discussion on pipeline status, prospect segmentation, analytics, and new prospects, as assigned. Updates prospect management tracking system, as needed.
• Manages research files, records and resources. Proactively identifies and investigates alternative and new resources. Oversees digitization of paper records.
• Proactive participation and leadership within the Advancement Services and University Advancement teams, promoting a unique and vital expertise, and accepting project and group assignments as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1+ years full-time prospect research experience in a fundraising environment; or similar experience, i.e. market research and analysis, library and information services, journalism.
• Experience using internet navigation tools and research tools available (i.e. online, printed, etc.)
• Experience identifying and analyzing individuals, corporations and foundations in order to identify potential giving opportunities.
• Proven experience conducting research that includes efforts focused on data collection, investigation, analysis, qualification and synthesis.
• Direct experience with MS Office suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Experience using Raiser’s Edge or similar relational database system.
• Demonstrated proficiency at presenting relevant information and data in a structured and purposeful format. (Note: this will be tested through additional written materials, see special instructions.)
Advanced training in research methods related to and in support of fundraising.
Experience working collaboratively in a diverse and rapidly-changing setting.
Proven ability to analyze data for relevancy, trends and patterns, and segmentation purposes.
Advanced proficiency in applying and analyzing wealth and financial data.
Ability and inclination to be a self-starter, to be self-motivated, and to work with little supervision.
Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
1+ year’s experience with Raiser’s Edge alumni/donor database.
Demonstrated attention to detail.
Ability to communicate verbally and in writing, (i.e. to make presentations and conduct trainings)
IMPORTANT: in order to be considered as applicant YOU MUST FILL OUT THE APPLICATION AT https://www.msudenverjobs.com. Official Transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
Writing Sample Instructions: Under “other document” please submit a sample research report (or similar analytical report) that you have written.
Please note: References refers to a list of the names and contact information of three professional references.
In order for your application to be considered complete, all application materials to include: cover letter, resume, references, and writing sample, must be received by the closing date of January 25th by midnight.
If you cannot upload any document at the time of application, please submit them by email to:
Attn: Andrea Gonzales,
Subject: Search E 296 Development Research Analyst
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.