Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/30/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position presents an exceptional opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated individual to provide leadership to the institution and its faculty regarding the College’s academic life. The Vice President for Student Learning/Chief Academic Officer reports directly to the President and is responsible for performing the duties typical of this position, including providing leadership in all academic matters such as curriculum development, administration and evaluation of academic programs and student learning, coordinating academic budgets, etc. The Vice President for Student Learning supervises the academic deans and, through the academic deans and other intermediate supervisors, the faculty and student learning staff. The Vice President for Student Learning is responsible for leadership in the academic and workforce disciplines, libraries, learning centers, student advising, the Center for Teaching Arts and Technology (CTAT), international education, distance education, and the dual studies program.
Roane State Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Certificates, Associate of Arts, Associate of Science & Associate of Applied Science degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Roane State Community College.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
• Provide leadership in support of the College’s academic and workforce mission;
• Provide leadership for the development and implementation of strategies to support continuous improvement of teaching and learning, including such initiatives as the Quality Enhancement Plan;
• Coordinate management, evaluation, and development of the academic divisions;
• Provide oversight for the academic/student learning budgets;
• Through the deans, supervise the selection, evaluation and granting of tenure/promotion of faculty;
• Provide leadership in the area of curriculum development for current and new programs;
• Facilitate faculty development and exercise leadership in creating a supportive learning environment for students and faculty;
• Support the dynamic requirements of a multi-campus college and provide a quality learning environment in all centers;
• Provide direction for
o the dual studies program with area high schools;
o the college libraries;
o all the learning centers/tutoring programs;
o all advising programs/centers and veteran services;
o distance learning and all alternatively delivered/scheduled academic offerings;
o all credit and non-credit programs designed to enhance workforce and economic development;
• Provide forward thinking direction in the area of technology in instruction with a commitment to facilitating faculty development in innovative methods of instructional delivery;
• Provide collaborative leadership for the College’s completion agenda;
• Ensure institutional compliance with internal policies, Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) and Tennessee Higher Education Commission (THEC) policies and guidelines, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) requirements and standards, requirements and standards of programmatic accrediting agencies, and state and federal laws related to the departments for which oversight is provided;
• Provide leadership for collaborative initiatives developed within the unified TBR community college system
• Serve as the College’s liaison to TBR sub-councils, task forces, and committees as appointed;
• Chair Academic and Curriculum Council and serve on appropriate institutional committees: President’s Cabinet, Budget Committee, Strategic Planning Committee, Completion Overview Committee, and others as appointed
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Candidates for this position must have an earned doctorate or equivalent terminal degree plus 5 or more years of educational experience, including educational administrative experience at the dean level or equivalent. The successful candidate will have:
• Demonstrated record of successful academic and administrative leadership and the ability to support and communicate the College’s academic, workforce development, completion, and service missions
• Leadership in the area of curriculum development including the development of new credit and non-credit academic programs
• Innovation and creativity in faculty development and the ability to exercise leadership in creating a supportive learning-centered environment for students and faculty
• An understanding of the dynamics and requirements of a multi-campus college and a commitment to providing a quality learning environment in all teaching centers
• Forward thinking ideas in the area of technology, distance learning, and alternative scheduling in instruction with a commitment to facilitating faculty development in innovative methods of instructional delivery
• A commitment to effective strategies to facilitate student completion and success
• An understanding and commitment to the establishment of standards for student learning, to the use of assessment for the improvement of educational outcomes, and to the principles of continuous improvement in all areas of academic endeavor
• Ability and commitment to working collaboratively with faculty and college administration
• Ability and commitment to working collaboratively within the unified TBR community college system
• A commitment to creating and maintaining a community of learning excellence to serve the needs of all service area stakeholders
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.