Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/14/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Chemistry Instructor (One or More Positions)
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 01536
Posting Date: 12/11/2015
Closing Date: 2/18/2016
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Contract Academic
Work Week: This is a ten-month (175-day) faculty position
Minimum Salary: $64,009.50 annually
Maximum Salary: $118,672.93 annually (maximum entry $83,988.06 per year)
Medical, dental and employee assistance plans are provided for the employee and dependents. The District also provides life insurance plans for the employee, as well as an 8.25% contribution to the State Teacher’s Retirement plan. Additional types of insurance may be purchased with pre-tax dollars through an IRS 125 flexible benefit program.
College/Site: Bakersfield College
Location: BC-Main Campus
The successful applicant for Chemistry will be expected to develop and provide instruction in Chemistry. Curriculum development for Chemistry will be required for this position. This assignment may include teaching at other campus sites, day, evening, weekend classes, large classes, distance learning and using multiple teaching methodologies.
Other duties include: participation in student recruitment and articulation of programs; maintaining subject matter currency; developing and revising curriculum; using computer and multimedia technologies; assessing student learning and program level outcomes; collegial participation in departmental, college and discipline-specific professional activities.
Education and Experience:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Master’s degree in chemistry;
- Bachelor’s in chemistry or biochemistry AND Master’s in biochemistry, chemical engineering, chemical physics, physics, molecular biology, or giochemistry;
- The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for these positions. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request and submit an https://www.kccd.edu/download/20992/ form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form
- A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service. Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES :
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate that they are broadly prepared and have a depth of knowledge in the discipline. In addition, the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge and abilities:
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes innovation, teaching, learning and service to diverse student population;
• Ability to effectively work with students with a wide range of skills, motivations, academic and vocational goals;
• Ability to develop curriculum, including curriculum delivered via different modalities;
• Ability to participate in recruitment and articulation activities with local schools, colleges and universities;
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
• Demonstrated ability to maintain subject matter currency;
• Ability to assess student learning outcomes;
• Knowledge of computers and willingness to explore new technologies that would benefit the program;
• Knowledge of and commitment to the California Community College mission.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS :
• Ability to provide leadership within the discipline and college initiatives to improve student learning.
• Ability and willingness to work effectively with college committees and other organizations and to be involved in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on February 18, 2016 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
• Completed Online Application for Employment form
• Current resume
• Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
• Statement of personal philosophy of teaching
• Copies of legible transcripts
• List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
• Copy of sample syllabi
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
All applicants must apply online at http://apptrkr.com/725781. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.