Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/3/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position performs technical duties in the development and maintenance of the college’s information technology network.
San Juan College is committed to serving the needs of our students through a process of continuous quality improvement. We uphold and affirm the following iCARE values:
• Performs system backup and recovery functions; assists with the implementation of new backup solutions; maintains the day-to-day operation of the current backup solution.
• Assists in the planning, construction, deployment and maintenance of VMWare/Virtualization infrastructure.
• Supports client-server based software installations.
• Monitors servers for performance and hardware issues.
• Performs file and share permissions, share creation on servers, and user accounts management.
• Monitors and tunes systems to ensure system integrity and to achieve optimum performance.
• Assists in planning and implementing new technology solutions; researches and recommends upgrades and new hardware or software implementation.
• Assists with updating, installing, configuring, and maintaining servers and network equipment.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of server operating systems.
• Knowledge of networking principles.
• Knowledge of data backup and recovery principles.
• Knowledge of wireless network connectivity principles.
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
The Network Manager assigns work in terms of very general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include San Juan College security policies, industry best practices, and college and department policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of varied technical duties. Frequent changes to industry standards and technology updates contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to perform technical duties in the development and maintenance of the college’s information technology network. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of a variety of college operations.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, faculty, staff, students, vendors, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, bending or crouching. The employee frequently lifts light and heavy objects, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, and distinguishes between shades of color.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Investigation.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.