Detailed Job Description
Evergreen Valley College
Business and Workforce Development
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach a 100 % load in the field of Computer Information Technology. Course assignments will include but may not be limited to: Program Design and Development; Programming languages such as Java, Perl, Python, Visual Basic, C++: Operating systems, such as UNIX, Android, IOS and Windows; Relational Databases such as Oracle Database Administration and Web applications development; Windows programming; Shell Programming such as PowerShell, etc. and System Administration; and Networking, Microsoft SQL and/or Oracle Database Administration, or equivalent enterprise DBMS,Security and gaming and mobile application courses.
- Utilize the district's computerized course prerequisite system.
- Maintain currency and depth of knowledge in assigned area of responsibility and use methods and materials appropriate to the subject matter.
- Communicate subject matter clearly, correctly, effectively and keep required office hours.
- Adapt methodologies for students with special needs and different learning styles.
- Teach students effectively and submit and maintain appropriate office hours.
- Use appropriate preparation and organizational skills in area of assignment.
- Demonstrate commitment to professional development including but not limited to activities such as: participation in professional conferences, workshops, seminars, membership in professional organizations, research projects, publishing academic work, participation in statewide committees or organizations, etc.
- Participate in faculty responsibilities such as: course and curriculum development, committees, research and special projects as needed in the discipline/department or district.
- Meet all professional responsibilities.
- Work cooperatively within the college community with students, staff, faculty and administrators.
- Foster a professional working environment.
- Use effective and positive communication skills with staff and students.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to diversity, a respect for differences and the dignity of others.
- Maintain and provide current course syllabi as required by California Education Code and Board policy.
- Attend and participate in department, division and college meetings, within the work week, but not in conflict with the member's primary assignment.
- Meet record keeping obligations on time, e.g., grades, census, reports, rosters, textbook orders, and requisitions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Any Bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience
Any Associate's Degree AND six years of professional experience
2. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
3. Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District's hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
1. Master’s degree in an area related to the assignment.
2. Demonstrated experience of two or more years in business/industry.
3. Community College teaching experience.
4. Broad knowledge of academic or occupational area and ability to design pedagogy related to learning outcomes.
5. Demonstrated usage of multimedia in classes.
6. Demonstrated experience in Internet/distance learning classes.
7. Previous experience in student recruitment, program marketing, and business/community college partnerships.
8. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
$64,313 to $82,493 Entry Level Annual Salary (Academic Salary Schedule 2014-2015); Maximum Salary Potential $111,916. Note: Actual Salary placement is based on candidate's verified education and experience.
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse faculty consisting of 14% Hispanic/Latino, 22 % Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 1% American Indian/Native American, 52% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws.