Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/16/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Distance Learning Support Specialist (DLSS) works as part of a team of technologists and instructional designers to ensure seamless delivery of online courses and programs. The primary function of the DLSS is to provide technology support for online students and faculty including issues with all University applications, the course management system, course building and production, processing content for the online format, browsers and plug-in issues, emerging technologies, and multimedia.
The DLSS position covers evening and weekend support.
Please note the position is for Saturday or Sundays only, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Provide tier 1 technology support to students and faculty.
Provide remote support using virtual meeting spaces, phone, and e-mail.
Respond to users with a clear, accurate and easy to understand solution.
Investigate, test and provide solutions for technology issues.
Keep faculty and students updated on the status of any technical issue that they have submitted.
Perform course building, course maintenance and repair broken content as part of the course readiness process.
Participate in projects such as testing and evaluating of new tools and rollouts of learning related software.
Support emerging learning applications such as VoiceThread.
Develop and maintain web-based resources and documentation to enable faculty and students to use educational technology resources more effectively.
Work on other projects and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with Blackboard or other learning management system.
- Experience with PC and MAC operating systems.
- Minimum of two years experience in software and computer support.
- Experience with remote support, using products like Adobe Connect
or Microsoft Lync and/or Live Meeting.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Excellent speaking, writing and problem solving skill.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with people at varying levels
of computer literacy.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment that
values a high level of customer service.
- Ability to manage work and carry out assigned tasks with limited
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology applications.
- Knowledge of video and audio production, FLASH, HTML, ASP,
graphic design, and mobile platforms.
- Proficiency with screen capture software.
- Proficiency with transcription.
- Experience with online presenter software, such as Adobe Presenter.
Please note this position is for two openings. The position covers weekday eveings and weekend support. Saturday 9AM - 5PM and 2 week nights OR Sunday 2PM - 10PM and also 2 week nights.
Applications must be submitted electronically and should include a resume and a thoughtful cover letter describing your interest in the position, and explaining how your background and experience qualify you for this position.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity throughout the university community and we welcome candidates who would enhance that diversity.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.