Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/7/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Applications are being accepted from qualified candidates for a full-time Learning Resource Center Technician position at Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College New Richmond Campus. This position will be responsible for assisting students, faculty and staff in the use of Learning Resource Center services and resources and providing support for instructional technology. Typical hours for the position during the school year include evenings (M-Th) until 7:00 p.m.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
1. Provide for research and information needs of students, faculty and other customers utilizing electronic and physical resources.
2. Provide support for classroom technology, including projectors, document cameras and ITV equipment.
3. Conduct presentations and training on library services and resources to students and staff (both group and individual).
4. Provide help desk assistance to students, faculty and external customers in the use of instructional technology utilized by the college.
5. Provide assistance with multimedia and a/v materials in the Learning Resource Center. Provide information and support for other LRC equipment.
6. Work with the Learning Resources Director in formulating an individualized plan for professional improvement.
7. Assist with collection development and maintenance of print and electronic materials. Assist with cataloging, organizing and processing of materials to enhance customer access.
8. Perform routine circulation desk duties, and participate in reporting and statistics-gathering functions. Utilize standard functions of library automations system software.
9. Develop and maintain web-based learning support tools and instructional resources.
1) Two years related post-secondary education plus two years related work experience OR a combination of related education and work experience totaling four years. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2) Excellent customer service, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
3) Outstanding personal presentation skills.
4) Demonstrated organizational skills, dependability, and ability to work independently.
5) Knowledge and proficiency in the use of personal computer, computer applications, and software. Familiarity with technology resources related to presentations and events.
6) Ability to learn and apply complex policies and procedures.
$15.28 – $16.46 hourly
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, a resume, and original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts. If you have noted an educational degree on your application, WITC requests transcripts to support your degree. Official transcripts are required prior to an offer of employment.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
Please include the posting number on the envelope to facilitate the processing of your application.
WITC is an Equal Opportunity/Access Employer and Educator.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.