Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/17/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Assistant Director, Graduate Student Recruiting & Admissions
Department: Graduate Student Recruiting & Admissions - School of Business
This position is responsible for recruiting candidates and providing support during the full life cycle of recruiting and admissions processes for School of Business graduate programs (MBA and MS Degrees). The Assistant Director, Graduate Student Recruiting & Admissions will manage the marketing of recruiting events/initiatives and serves as a liaison with School of Business Director of Marketing and Communications plus multiple graduate student offices and affiliations within the School of Business.
The Assistant Director will sometimes travel extensively both nationally and internationally for student recruitment purposes. The Assistant Director, Graduate Student Recruiting & Admissions reports to the Senior Director for Graduate Student Admissions and Recruiting.
• Undergraduate degree from accredited institution
• 3-4 years of work experience, including 1-2 years in higher education
• Computer literacy in Word, Excel and PowerPoint and ability to learn other applications as necessary
• Must be able to work outside of normal business hours (e.g. early morning, evening, weekends), as necessary
• Must be able to travel for extended periods of time both nationally and internationally
• Represent the department in a professional and customer service-oriented manner in all interaction
• Ability to present information persuasively
• Ability to interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
• Master’s degree
• 4+ years of work experience in higher education setting
• Proven ability and experience working with graduate student populations
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Experience with program planning/administration; excellent interpersonal skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; strong written and oral communication skills; proficient computer skills (web-based technology and marketing/design software)
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Business & Administration: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours per week: 37.5
Closing date: January 8, 2016
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit http://www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Click http://apptrkr.com/723226 to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at email@example.com
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.