Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/6/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Director, Office of Undergraduate Research
Department: Provost’s Office
The University of San Diego is in the third year of a three year grant from the W.M. Keck Foundation that established a new Office of Undergraduate Research. The Director will assume and complete the responsibilities of the grant as well as oversee the transition of the Office of Undergraduate Research to permanent USD funding.
The Director reports directly to and works under the general supervision of the Vice Provost, Dr. Thomas Herrinton. The Director directly supervises a Federal Work Study student employee and the Summer Scholars Coordinator.
• A minimum of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university. Ph.D. or equivalent academic degree preferred.
• Experience as a faculty member (tenure-track or adjunct) in a College/University setting.
• Passion for undergraduate research.
• Experience successfully mentoring undergraduate research is preferred.
• Experience in fundraising and/or grant writing. Demonstrated success working in a team environment.
• Working knowledge of assessment procedures of university programs.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with faculty, administrators and staff in diverse disciplines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong research and analytical skills; ability to understand and synthesize information from a wide variety of disciplines.
• Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills.
• Ability to design and plan new programs in a university setting.
• Ability to administer multiple programs with attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to work under pressure; ability to meet deadlines; ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
• Ability to work independently and also as part of a team.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a complex environment.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to manage and promote change when required, while being flexible and creative in meeting challenges in evolving work situations.
• Ability to communicate and make presentations in a clear and concise fashion.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Finance & Administration: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: April 1, 2013
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
Visit http://apptrkr.com/314419 to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact Amy Gregory at 619-260-2725, Leah Harris at 619-260-2770, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.