Detailed Job Description
Reporting directly to the Sr. VP of Administration and Finance and Chief Financial Officer, the Executive Assistant provides a broad range of executive level administrative support on a myriad of complex, sensitive, confidential matters that impact the office, the division, and the vibrant and internationally diverse campus community of Berklee College of Music.
Essential responsibilities include administrative calendar management, project management, support to various Finance and Budget related committees, and ongoing communication and relationship building with key individuals and departments in order to assist the Sr. VP of Administration and Finance and Chief Financial Officer in aligning the functions of the office to the strategic goals of the College.
Functional areas reporting to the Sr. VP of Administration and Finance and Chief Financial Officer include Real Estate, Facilities, Human Resources, Diversity and Inclusion, Finance, Accounting, Budgeting, Legal Services, Risk Management, and Investments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the Sr. Vice President of Administration and Finance and CFO’s calendar
- Provide executive level support on all correspondence and communication
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements
- Attend and/or represent the VP of Administration and Finance and Chief Financial Officer at various meetings as requested
- Provide executive level administrative support to the Finance and Budget Committee, the Audit and Risk Committee, the Investment Committee, the Investment Subcommittee, and Campus Planning Committee. Work with key offices to plan meeting schedules. Assist in developing agenda and meeting materials. Attend meetings, prepare meeting minutes, and facilitate action items and follow-up with key stakeholders. Maintain and communicate an up-to-date committee roster. Maintain committee archives and related files for the department and for the Office of the President
- Coordinate and monitor trade and wire requests for the Pension Plan and Endowment.
- Work with the Senior Vice President on various timelines for the financial operations of the college operating and capital budget process. Responsible for the scheduling of all budget meetings across the college
- Monitor department expenditures and request budget changes as needed. Provide accruals at year-end
- Coordinate special projects such as external and internal surveys, questionnaires, and materials for investment and bond issues
- Design interesting Power Point, Prezi and other interactive slide presentations for SVP presentations to campus community, including the Board of Trustees, board committees, the President’s Cabinet, and the Student Government Association
- Assist in the development of the Administration and Finance website, including editing and updating of content
- Manage the activities within the office, compile and organize information and data, make recommendations to ensure smooth daily operations
- Work closely with the VP of Administration and Finance and Chief Financial Officer to effectively promote various division and college initiatives
- Responsible for coordination of Administration and Finance quarterly division meetings
- Build and sustain strong partnerships and collaborations throughout the College and the broader community
- Actively contribute to maintaining a work environment that is supportive of all regardless of their identity, respectful of differences, and genuinely open to multiple perspectives
- Keep abreast of general matters affecting the higher education industry
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned
- Assist Sr. VP of Administration and Finance and Chief Financial Officer in the identification and coordination of projects. Responsible for the creation and coordination of project plan updates, maintenance or modification of project plan documentation, and the preparation and distribution of project status reports
- Superb organizational and project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong computer skills; including use of Mac, MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Ability to design creative, interactive Power Point and Prezi slide presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels, including members of the Board of Trustees. Excellent written communication skills with demonstrated experience in the clear, concise preparation of letters, documents; etc.
- Excellent judgment and decision making; must be able to handle high level, confidential matters with sensitivity, discretion and diplomacy while simultaneously managing the logistical and administrative aspects of the office
- Must be a positive, enthusiastic, creative individual who can represent Berklee and the Sr. VP of Administration and Finance and Chief Financial Officer to important internal and external constituents
- Ability to assimilate and adapt to the dynamic culture of the Berklee community
- High level of cultural competence, values, ethics, and principles that align with the Berklee community, in which every voice is valued and respected and where a diverse, inclusive work and learning environment is essential
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 5-8 years progressively responsible experience in a professional administrative capacity providing executive level support
- Financial and business acumen; experience working with financial information
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS, ETC.
- Some evening and weekend hours may be required depending on the nature and cycles of the work.
- Active and timely monitoring of e-mail correspondence.
Berklee College of Music is committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.