Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/19/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Assistant Professor and Director of Fieldwork Experience manages all facets of the supervised Clinical Teaching and Intern programs on the central campus, and duplicated at the 5 regional campuses offering the Teacher Credential Program. This includes fieldwork and student teaching supervision/placement for the following credentials: Multiple Subject, Single Subject, Educational Specialist and specific Reading courses.
• Provide leadership and manage all aspects of Clinical Teaching – hiring and training fieldwork supervisors; screening school site supervisors, placing and monitoring teacher candidates in early Clinical Teaching until the completion of all supervised teaching experiences.
• Oversee the State’s Internship program and maintain all the necessary requirements.
• Oversee the observation and evaluation of the Student Teaching and Intern courses on the main campus.
• Oversee the observation and evaluation of candidates in fieldwork experience.
• Collaborate closely with faculty on and off campus.
• Maintain ongoing relationships with school district personnel, school site supervisors, and school administrators.
• Hire, train, and evaluate Clinical Teaching supervisors.
• Conduct candidate orientation and preparation meetings for the California Teaching Assessments (TPA).
• Provide orientation meetings for early Clinical Teaching to candidates and student teaching supervisors.
• Coordinate Classroom Management Seminars at final Clinical Teaching courses.
• Update documents, manuals, and handbook for Clinical Teaching.
• Occasional travel is required to off campus locations to meet with regional faculty and clinical teaching supervisors.
• Masters degree
• Experience working in the K – 12 school system
• Experience supervising individuals
• Organizational skills and proficiency in technology
• Ability to work with a diverse population
• Experience working at an Institution of Higher Education
• Knowledge of California Teacher Education Credential program
• Doctorate is preferred
The hiring range for this position is dependent upon qualifications and departmental equity. Benefits of employment include a comprehensive health and welfare plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse and dependent children and a generous 10% contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.