Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/15/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This leadership position will define and execute strategic technology road map initiatives as well as ensure proactive management of the enterprise technology platforms and address any production incidents that may occur. The position is responsible for providing general oversight of the IT infrastructure, provisioning, planning, installation, operation, and maintenance for all of Saint Leo data centers. In addition, this position is responsible for providing clear direction and management of new/existing IT services and processes in the environment, while ensuring that these services adhere to defined policies and procedures.
• Provide project and management leadership for infrastructure growth and deployment initiatives.
• Provide leadership and manage a diverse technology staff to effectively accomplish goals. Further promote a team environment by leveraging their diverse technical talents and expertise across multiple projects to produce results.
• Develop and implement processes and procedures and ensure they are followed consistently across the IT organization.
• Develop and implement processes and procedures that will ensure that all new development has been through the production onboarding process to reduce downtime to a minimum.
• Work collaboratively with the Architecture & Security to ensure all system updates, audits, and reports are completed as required.
• Identifies plans and mitigates technology related risks. Works with staff to develop and implement plans to eliminate risks and to provide effective backup and restore function for all business critical systems.
• Ensure compliance with hardware/software updates and lifecycle methodologies.
• Ensure acceptable change control level for production hardware.
• Selects technology providers and serves as subject matter expert in negotiation of contracts and agreements. Maintains strong relationships with providers to ensure maximum service.
• Provide upper management with all metrics for network, server, storage, and production applications.
• Ensure that all productions systems are being monitored 24×7.
• Manage any major outages and ensure support team is engaged.
• Scheduled security patching management.
• Change Control process management for all system changes.
• Responsible for Disaster Recovery Planning and testing. Oversees an annual DRP test for all critical business systems
• Work off hours as needed.
•Ten(10) years minimum of professional experience including extensive related experience of at least five(5) years of progressively increasing Information Technology management experiences.
•Strong track record in planning and problem solving required.
•Strong project management skills required.
•Any equivalent combination of education and experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills
•Leading operational teams through agile delivery models.
•Vendor management skills.
•Capability to set priorities and expectations in a manner that is understandable to Information Technology staff, and to Saint Leo University management and users.
Creative or innovative solutions to problems.
•A track record of operating proactively.
•Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and staff population
•Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivational skills
•Familiar with modern project and organizational delivery models.
•Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments
•Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, students, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests
•Ability work without close supervision and to set ones priorities and work schedule
•Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines
•Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and professional discretion
Minimum ten(10) years professional experience including extensive related experience of at least five(5) years of progressively increasing Information Technology management experience with strong interpersonal, communication (written, large group, small group, one-on-one), leadership, and team membership skills, and a strong track record in planning and problem solving required.
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent from four-year college or technical school.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.