Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/13/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2150 - AFSCME - FT (hourly)
Performs a variety of moderately complex technical and custodial tasks related to maintaining the University's buildings, facilities, and grounds.
1) Operates heavy equipment, which may include tractors, trucks, snow removal equipment, backhoes, trenchers, street sweepers, bush hog, or carpet cleaning power van.
2) May operate portable power equipment including chain saws, blowers, mowers, and drapery/upholstery cleaning machines.
3) Performs routine cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
4) May perform minor carpet repair including repairing split seams and re-nailing tack strips.
5) May assist in the set-up for events.
6) Operates forklifts, skid loaders and man lifts.
7) Operates chain hoists, winches and hand tools.
8) Assists with the set up and break down for events; Assists with entertainment/theatrical rigging of equipment used to support events such as sound systems, lighting and trussing; Assists with the setup of curtains and other event related items.
9) Setup and operation of theatrical lighting control systems, lighting instruments and accessories. Using both DMX and analog signals. May also include lighting design from scratch or from blueprints.
10) Setup and operation of sound equipment for live events. Using both digital and analog systems.
11) Setup and operation of different types of video projection equipment, to include projectors, screens, DVD, laptops and media servers.
12) Setup and adjustment of sporting event related equipment to ensure that safety and NCAA rules and regulations are met. This includes scoreboards, timing systems, basketball goals and other related items.
13) Performs routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
14) Performs custodial tasks as needed.
Frequent standing, walking, climbing, and operating equipment. Some lifting of materials weighing up to 70 pounds. Periodic assignment given which entail dealing with modestly unpleasant physical situations.
Machinery may generate considerable noise and pose some element of personal risk.
Requires six months of training beyond high school in equipment operation/maintenance and one year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Requires driver's license.
May require pesticide applicator's license.
Knowledge of arena/theatrical rigging equipment and practices; Knowledge of sound engineering; Knowledge of theatrical lighting equipment and practices; Knowledge of personal computers both PC and Apple based; Knowledge of electrical systems to include 120v and 200v/400v-3 Phase systems.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.