Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/8/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Are you an energetic, charismatic people person who enjoys travel and has great sales experience? If you are this person, and would enjoy positively impacting students along with building and maintaining business relationships – click on “Apply Now” to read more about this exciting career opportunity!
This position reports to the Automotive Program Coordinator and is responsible for the recruitment of students for the Automotive Manufacturers and other programs when needed within the School of Trades and Technology.
• Recruits students for the automotive Manufacturers programs and Trades and Technology programs; Assists in the development and distribution of brochures, fliers, and other promotional materials. This may result in a time split of 50% travel during the school year and office time.
• Attends college night and career fair programs.
• Distribute other Trades and Tech. program information to students and councilors with-in service area as defined by the Dean of Trades & Technology.
• Forward potential student contact information to the appropriate school/program supervisor.
• Assists in the management and updating of program websites.
• Recruits students for dealership programs.
• Coordinates and leads campus tours for manufacturer’s students.
• Advises students on educational and career opportunities in the automotive field and helps connect them to college and community resources.
• Assists students in the admissions and financial aid process.
• Assists students in the completion of student housing processes.
• Coordinates communication between high schools, program instructors, dealerships, state agencies, and parents.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of student recruitment principles and practices.
• Knowledge of marketing principles and practices.
• Knowledge of college and community resources available to students.
• Knowledge of program policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
The Automotive Coordinator assigns work in terms of recruitment/dealership visits, presentations and dealership follow- up as well as other program needs with-in the school of Trades and Technology The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include college and program policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of varied student recruitment and advising duties. The variety of student needs contributes to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to recruit students to Automotive Manufacturers programs. Success in this position results in the recruitment of eligible students.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, faculty, staff, students, potential students, parents, high school personnel, industry professionals, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, to provide services, or to motivate or influence persons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping. The employee frequently lifts light and occasionally heavy objects.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.