Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/5/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is currently seeking part-time instructors in various disciplines, as needed.
1. Teach small and large group classes.
2. Use appropriate technology to enhance student learning.
3. Establish and maintain effective working relationships as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
4. Write reports and develop outreach and recruitment materials.
5. Maintain currency and depth of knowledge in the assigned area of responsibility.
6. Communicate subject matter clearly, correctly and effectively.
7. Teach students effectively.
8. Use methods and materials appropriate to the subject matter.
9. Use appropriate preparation and organizational skills in area of assignment.
10. Demonstrate commitment to professional development including but not limited to activities such as: participation in professional conferences, workshops, seminars, membership in professional organizations, research projects, publishing academic work, participation in statewide committees or organizations, etc.
11. Participate in faculty responsibilities such as: departmental duties, course and curriculum development, committees, program review, student learning objectives and assessment, research and special projects as needed in the discipline/department, college or district.
12. Meet all professional responsibilities.
13. Demonstrate sensitivity in working with students of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientation and disabilities.
14. Work cooperatively within the college community with students, staff, faculty and administrators.
15. Foster a professional working environment.
16. Use effective communication skills.
17. Demonstrate sensitivity to diversity, a respect for differences and the dignity of others.
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse faculty consisting of 14% Hispanic/Latino, 22 % Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 1% American Indian/Native American, 52% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.