Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/18/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position is responsible for providing secretarial and customer service support for the operations of the Advising and Counseling department.
• Provides general customer service, including scheduling appointments, checking in students, answering telephones, and providing general assistance and information
o Answers on average 70 calls a week
o Handles initial scheduling and check in for 5500 students annually
• Monitors and responds to ACC department emails sent to email@example.com
• Serves as the online guide on the side, assist distance online students with preadmissions questions, monitors and responds to emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Proctors tests for Disability Services
• Assists students (approximately 90 per week) with:
o Setting up Nel Net payment plans
o Preparing and submitting financial aid appeals
o Completing and submitting graduation applications
o Running program evaluations
o Using the Academic Planning Tool to register
o Completing Change of Major and Student Update forms
• Manages departmental office supply ordering
• Maintains office and campus plasma screen postings
• Manages all department office equipment maintenance, submits works orders/repair follow up
• Administers Accuplacer Testing on Mondays in the ACC
• Manages semester
Accuplacer score result reports for developmental ed and college prep placements, and Accuplacer score printouts for students
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of college and program policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
• Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
• Skill in the use of such office equipment as a computer, scanner, fax machine, and copier.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
The Advising and Counseling Director assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include college and department policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of related secretarial duties. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to provide secretarial and customer service support for the operations of the Advising and Counseling Department. Successful performance contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of department operations.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college employees, students, and the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, resolve problems, and provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping or walking. The employee occasionally lifts light object and uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
This position supervises assigned student workers.
All applicant subject to criminal background investigation prior to employment.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.