Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/9/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position is responsible for assisting in directing the operation, maintenance and repair of the college’s buildings, grounds, utilities and physical plant infrastructure.
• Develops long- and short-term facilities maintenance plans.
• Directs the operation, repair, and maintenance of campus buildings and facilities.
• Directs the maintenance of campus grounds.
• Directs the custodial maintenance of campus buildings.
• Coordinates departmental purchases.
• Develops, implements and monitors the annual physical plant budget.
• Hires, trains, assigns, directs, supervises, evaluates and disciplines personnel.
• Identifies and corrects hazardous or unsafe conditions.
• Serves on a variety of college committees.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of facilities operations, maintenance and management principles and practices.
• Knowledge of budget development and management principles.
• Knowledge of current trends and best practices in higher education and their impact on facilities management.
• Knowledge of facilities planning, design, and construction.
• Knowledge of utilities operation and management.
• Knowledge of fire and life safety principles and standards.
• Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
• Skill in the delegation of responsibility and authority.
• Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
The Senior Director assigns work in terms of department goals and objectives. The supervisor reviews work through conferences, reports, and observation of department activities.
Guidelines include the International Building Code, the National Electric Code, Americans with Disabilities Act regulations, Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations, local fire and building codes, mechanical codes, energy conservation codes, stormwater codes, and college policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of varied management, administrative, supervisory and technical duties. The need to coordinate with a variety of stakeholders contributes to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to assist in directing the college’s physical plant operations. Success in this position contributes to the provision of a safe and attractive environment for college operations.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, faculty, staff, students, peers at other colleges and universities, contractors, vendors, inspectors, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, to provide services, to justify or negotiate matters, or to motivate or influence persons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while standing, walking, bending, crouching or stooping. The employee frequently lifts light and heavy objects, climbs ladders, distinguishes between shades of color, and utilizes the sense of smell.
• The work is typically performed in an office, stockroom, warehouse and outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclement weather. The employee is exposed to noise, dust, dirt, grease, machinery with moving parts, contagious or infectious diseases, or irritating chemicals. Work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, gloves, etc.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
This position has direct supervision over Mechanical and Electrical Services Supervisor (1), Grounds Maintenance Supervisor (1), Painting Supervisor (1), Custodial Supervisor (1), Operations Coordinator (1), and Maintenance Worker (3).
All applicants are subject to a criminal background investigation prior to employment.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.