Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/1/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
Vice President, Institutional Resources
Instructions for applying:
1. A District application to be completed at http://www.fhdajobs.net *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. A cover letter detailing your qualifications/skills/abilities, as they relate to the position.
3. A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application materials.
Application materials not required for this position (including reference letters) will not be accepted.
Documents which can be associated with this posting
Job # 13-045
Duties and Responsibilities
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the management position of Vice President, Institutional Resources, Foothill College.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
Under the direction of the college president, the Vice President, Institutional Resources (VPIR) serves as the chief fiscal officer of the College, administers the College budget, as well as business services, including budgeting, accounting, payroll, purchasing, financial reporting, fiscal policies, regulation administration, audits and other services as assigned. The VPIR provides leadership and vision to the college for all phases of financial resources management in alignment with the College's mission, vision, and goals while fostering and creating an environment which strives to project and meet college and student needs. Additionally, the VPIR supervises administrative functions, bookstore operations, capital projects, construction and facilities rentals, and interfaces with the District on behalf of the College.
The following duties and responsibilities are typical but not limited to the following:
Formulate and implement the College resource management plan. Direct the development and control of the College budget. Provide management oversight for accounting, finance and administrative office functions, including review and documentation of procedures. Represent the College with Federal, State, and Local government entities, legal counsel, the District Office, auditors and the Chancellor's Office of the California Community Colleges. Direct and supervise capital outlay projects and construction projects and facilities rentals. Serve on or chair various College and District committees. Assume additional managerial responsibilities as
Salary Range: $126,847.32-$139,839.72
Full Salary Range: $126,847.32- $162,038.28
Annual salary plus benefits; actual placement is negotiable and is based on applicant's verified education and experience.
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance.
For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits
1. Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person
and on the telephone as well as making presentations.
2. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer
keyboard and standard office equipment.
3. Seeing to read various materials.
4. Ability to sit, review, and/or edit information on a computer for long periods of time.
5. Manual dexterity for use of office machines and equipment and
occasional light lifting.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, Permanent, 12 months per year.
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible upon completion of the search process.
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews. All interviewing costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Email: employment @fhda.edu
*This position will become Open Until Filled after the initial Closing Date. Any complete applications received while the position is Open Until Filled will be reviewed by the hiring committee only upon committee request.
1. Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, cultural, disability, religious background and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
3. One year of formal training, internship, leadership or administrative experience with responsibilities in budget planning and enrollment management.
Job Close Date
In addition, successful candidates will demonstrate the following knowledge and abilities:
1. Working knowledge of all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and contracts, such as California Education Code, Title 5 Regulations, OSHA Regulations, Federal and State Labor laws, and ability to learn FA, CSEA and ACE Contract provisions.
2. Strong knowledge of finance and accounting practices with emphasis on college resource management.
3. Knowledge of accounting methods and personnel procedures and ability to learn District policies and procedures.
4. Knowledge of information systems, data management and other applicable computer software.
5. Knowledge of personnel management.
6. Knowledge of enrollment management as it pertains to State attendance accounting methods and audit.
7. Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
8. Knowledge of principles and practices of community college business administration, community college finance, automated financial systems, accounting, budgeting, audits and financial operations, Bond management, California Education Code and other codes related to community colleges.
9. Knowledge of the mission of the California Community Colleges; Federal and California legislation, laws, regulations; processes and shared governance
10. Knowledge of principles and practices of capital project management, construction and facility supervision, and ability to implement complex tasks.
11. Ability to relate to and effectively communicate with the community, administrators, faculty, staff, students, and the Board of Trustees
12. Ability to cultivate and maintain collegial relationships with those contacted in the course of work, communicate effectively both orally and in writing with the public and the college community and coordinate and facilitate meetings.
13. Ability to provide strategic financial guidance while maintaining transparent and effective systems; supporting the campus community to leverage existing resources and develop new sources of revenue; while leading and modeling a culture of responsiveness and collaboration.
14. Commitment to the highest ethical, professional and personal standards.
15. Proficient as a fair, respectful administrative leader and skilled manager; with proven ability to manage resources, (human, financial and physical), to maximize productivity and assure the highest quality work.
16. Capacity to thrive in an educational environment with a dedication to student success.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/313011
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.