Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/8/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The assistant registrar performs professional and administration work in registrar office functions with primary responsibility for transfer evaluations. This includes the daily supervision of academic evaluators and assistants. Responsible for the assessment of students’ academic records and determination as to whether various courses from another institution will be accepted for credit and where the credit will fit into the curricula. Decisions impact articulation reviews, graduation clearances, and additional courses/area of study in order to complete degree requirements.
• Supervise daily operations of transfer evaluations staff.
• Maintain equivalency database.
• Keep informed of curriculum changes and transfer credit policies.
• Apply transfer evaluations according to articulation agreements.
• Determine work process priorities and control workflow for maximum efficiency.
• Maintain 5 day turnaround time on transfer evaluations.
• Train, develop, assess and provide feedback to evaluations staff.
• Reconcile outstanding files on tracking report.
• Solve erroneous information in student files.
• Works with faculty and department chairs on equivalency decisions.
• Consults with and provide advice to university personnel regarding transfer credit.
• Review and submit Quarterly SOC circulation documents.
• Utilize research material from various professional organization and publications regarding transfer credit.
• Determine appropriateness of courses students wish to take at external institutions and transfer back
• Assist in compilation of information from external agencies for resolution by department chairs and deans.
• Promote and maintain favorable working relationship with faculty, advisors, and university personnel and any/all outside constituents.
• Assign specific course equivalencies based on deans and/or department chairs.
• Maintain confidentiality of information
• Participate and contribute to the success of official events, including, but not limited to commencement.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Excellent leadership and planning skills including ability to supervise and train staff
• Ability to assess and resolve situations and problems related to registration procedures and computerized information systems.
• Plan, review, coordinate, and respond to requests for information, reports and services.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, ability to manage interpersonal communication in a team environment and to perform multi-tasks in a high volume fast paced environment.
• Knowledge of common higher education standards, policies and procedures.
• Understands department’s role in accomplishing university’s mission
• Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office
• Ability to adapt, change and learn new procedures
• Equivalent combination of education and experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
• Bachelor’s degree and three years of current related experience required.
Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
• Thorough knowledge of and experience with Registrar’s Office computerized systems and procedures in an institution of higher education.
• Experience with transfer credit evaluation
• Experience with data collection and analysis.
• Colleague Student Information System experience preferred.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.