Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/23/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Foundation Accountant is responsible for the accounting and financial reporting systems of the MSU Denver Foundation. This position is an integral component of the financial and administrative staff.
• Functions as the initial source of financial information and a liaison with the University’s accounting department, budget analysts or fiscal managers, deans and department chairs.
• Records and posts transactions from the donor database system, account/project transfers, vendor invoices, cash disbursements, and journal entries; processes accounts payable; updates account/project detail schedules.
• Teams up with members of Advancement Services regarding gift entry, integration of transactions into the accounting system, and gift/donor reporting.
• Monitors Foundation account balances and ensures satisfaction of donor restrictions and accuracy in financial reporting. Reviews and approves Personnel Action Forms and Student Employment Forms for positions paid from Foundation accounts.
• Reconciles general ledger accounts, subsidiary ledgers and restricted net assets; generates supporting documentation and schedules for month-end closing; adheres to an established closing schedule and checklist; provides financial information for development department proposals and foundation/corporate grant application. Prepares interim financial statements, variance analysis, endowment allocation spreadsheet, accountholder reports, and donor financial reports.
• Initiates fund transfers as required. Monitors bank website; identifies ACH and wire transactions required for posting to donor database and/or accounting software.
• Manages audit process; prepares audit work-papers and responds to external auditors’ inquiries; assists the CFO generate, review and edit the audited financial statements and footnotes.
• Manages sales tax requirements, advising departments, calculating and remitting sales taxes, and filing associated sales tax returns; prepares annual tax forms (e.g., 1099-misc, 1099-R). Manages the preparation and filing of the Foundation’s income tax return. Oversees the preparation of multistate charitable solicitation registrations.
• Ensures that manual deposits (e.g., currency/coin, non-RE checks) are delivered to local bank branch.
• Maintain program, scholarship, banking, investments, audit reports, tax returns, and other Foundation folders and files in electronic format and/or hard-copy format, as appropriate.
• Develops a thorough and historical understanding of Foundation operations and enforces compliance of Foundation policies, procedures and rules; ensures accuracy in fundraising, financial reporting, scholarship management and satisfaction of donor restrictions.
• Performs research when necessary; seeks to develop professionally; troubleshoots and resolves issues; maintains confidentiality; and supports the CFO performing special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting principles in executing, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial transactions.
•Bachelor degree in accounting, business management, finance or economics.
•At least four years financial accounting experience in a not-for-profit organization.
•Experience using accounting and fundraising software.
•Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power point).
•Experience using spreadsheets and ledgers for record keeping purposes.
•Experience with Blackbaund software ( Financial Edge, Rasiers edge) or similar fundraising software.
•Experience using Banner Financial software.
•Experience using Crystal reports for record keeping and financial reporting, etc. or similar software.
•Experience filing tax returns in compliance with state and federal regulations.
•Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
•Experience working in collaboration with others.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.