Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/3/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
MONTEREY PENINSULA COLLEGE invites applications for the position of:
Vice President of Student Services
Salary: See Position Description
Opening Date: 11/13/15
Closing Date: Continuous
The Vice President of Student Services is the Chief Student Services Officer of the Monterey Peninsula Community College District and reports directly to the Superintendent President. The Vice President of Student Services works collaboratively with the members of the Executive Cabinet and provides leadership, planning, policy development, budget development, and management for a comprehensive Student Services program, including but not limited to, Counseling and Academic Advising, EOPS, TRIO, Disabled Students Programs and Services, Transfer Center, International Students, Assessment, Veterans Assistance, Admissions and Records, Student Financial Services, Child Development Center, Athletics, and Student Government and Activities. In addition, the Vice President of Student Services is responsible for the development and implementation of the MPC student code of conduct, grievance, and discipline processes. The Vice President of Student Services is responsible for the implementation of Student Success Initiatives including the Student Success and Support Program and Student Equity.
The College is seeking an individual who understands the opportunities and challenges described herein and has the desired characteristics and skills necessary to provide exemplary leadership.
Monterey Peninsula College seeks applications from all qualified individuals. It is a continuing goal of Monterey Peninsula College to hire and retain people who reflect the rich diversity of the District and its student body. Monterey Peninsula College is an equal opportunity employer .
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
Monterey Peninsula College has excellent faculty and staff, as well as a diverse and engaged student population. The College has a positive image in both the community and region and received full accreditation in 2010 through the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC). The College has a wellestablished governance structure as well as successful partnerships with University of California, Santa Cruz and California State University, Monterey Bay.
MPC Challenges and Opportunities
Challenges and Opportunities for the new Vice President of Student Services include:
• Supporting and enhancing the unique and positive campus culture during a period of competing priorities and severe budgetary restrictions.
• Developing a shared vision for Student Services that will provide the foundation for strategic planning that links resource allocation with the planning and evaluation processes.
• Embracing the changing student demographics as an opportunity to enhance student services and programs to meet the needs of community college students.
• Maintaining currency with changing technologies and best practices in student support services, including the collection, use, and storage of data.
• Working closely with Academic Affairs to increase enrollment, student success, and student retention. Developing and implementing wellarticulated, fair and consistent student discipline policies and procedures.
• Enhancing student life by further developing Student Government, Student Activities, and the International Student Program.
• Master’s degree from an accredited institution; OR
• A California Community College Administrative Credential (valid for life); OR
• The equivalent to either the Master’s degree or Credential. To select outstanding staff from the largest possible pool of qualified applicants, Monterey Peninsula College recognizes that candidates may have attained expertise through a variety of means. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments may be judged by the District as equivalent to the above qualifications for this position. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications are encouraged to download and complete an equivalency application from the employment web page and submit with appropriate documentation of qualifications.
• Three years of increasingly responsible management experience in an educational institution of which two years of management experience have been with emphasis in the area or closely related area of the administrator’s assignment. The position requires specialized mastery in a field of management or education, combining conceptual understanding with broad applied experience.
• Proven commitment to community college goals and objectives of providing quality programs and services for culturally, socioeconomically, ethnically, and academically diverse students and student with disabilities; personal qualities to work effectively and with sensitivity in a multicultural environment; awareness of and commitment to the needs of nontraditional and/or reentry students with diverse abilities and interests.
• Earned doctorate from an accredited institution
The successful candidate will have leadership and management skills that assure the operational effectiveness and efficiency of the student services programs of the District. In particular, he or she will exhibit:
• Demonstrated leadership and vision incorporating sound fiscal planning, knowledge of educational trends pertinent to community colleges, and data driven decision making related to enrollment management and student retention.
• Demonstrated commitment to participatory governance and developing collaborative relationships with a diverse campus constituency emphasizing consensus building, conflict resolution, and problem solving.
• An ability to work as an executive team member dedicated to the collaborative goal of integrating instruction, student and administrative services to create and maintain a supportive student learning environment.
WORK SCHEDULE / SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:
Annual salary $127,944 (step 1) to $144,852 (step 5) + an additional 5% stipend for service on each district negotiations team, as assigned. Initial salary placement will be commensurate with education, training and experience. In addition, a qualified incumbent can earn an annual doctoral stipend of $2,880. The District provides an expense allowance of up to $500 per month and an excellent benefit package, including paid medical and dental coverage for employees and dependents. Vision plan, life insurance and income protection plan benefits provided for the employee only. Classified administrators are hired by contract and retirement is under the CalSTRS system. Current vested CalPERS members may elect to remain in CalPERS.
Applicants must submit the following materials online:
1. A completed application which can be accessed at www.mpc.edu. Click on the Vice Presidential Search link for information about the College and to apply;
2. A cover letter not to exceed five pages that describes why you are interested in the position, how you meet the qualifications and desired characteristics, and a description of how you are prepared to meet the College’s challenges and opportunities;
3. A current resume including educational background, professional experience, professional activities, and any other experience pertinent to the position;
4. A list of at least four professional references with titles and current phone numbers (office, cell and home numbers). Interviewees will be asked permission to contact these references via a signed release prior to interviews;
5. Copies of transcripts from all higher education institutions attended.
Please Note: Candidates advanced for interviews for the position of Vice President of Student Services must agree to a full background and reference check and may be required to submit further materials.
Please submit only materials requested. All documents included in your application file become the property of the College.
applicants with disabilities who require an accommodation should notify Human Resources at least ten working days before the accommodation is required.
The position is open until filled. However, to ensure consideration, application materials should be completed online by Monday, February 8, 2016 at 5:00 pm PST to be given priority consideration.
Information about the College is available on its website: http://www.mpc.edu. Please click on the http://www.mpc.edu/about-mpc/campus-resources/human-resources/vice-president-search for specific information about the College.
(831) 646 4024
Susan Kitagawa, Associate Dean of Human Resources
ANTICIPATED SELECTION PROCESS
Applicants selected for interview will be notified by phone the week of February 22, 2016. All other applicants will be notified by email. Initial interviews are tentatively scheduled the week of March 7, 2016. Finalists will be invited to interviews with the Superintendent/President and public forums the week of March 14, 2016 or March 21, 2016. Board approval of the selected candidate is anticipated in April or May 2016 with an estimated start date of July 1, 2016. Monterey Peninsula College reserves the right to close, continue, cancel, postpone, or restart the recruitment at any time.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary, benefits, length of contract and other terms and conditions of employment will be competitive and negotiable. The Superintendent/President and the selected candidate will agree mutually on the terms of employment and the start date. Anticipated start date is July 1, 2016.
Employment with Monterey Peninsula College is not complete or official until applicants meet all preemployment requirements. All new employees are required to submit official transcripts, proof of freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of eligibility to work in the United States. Employees must submit fingerprints for California Department of Justice clearance.
Applicaions may be filed online at: http://apptrkr.com/713993
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.