Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/2/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2097 - SATSS - FT
Performs a variety of administrative and other clerical tasks in support of the daily operations of the Copy Center, as well as of the Department of English involving some discretion and requiring moderate amounts of independent judgment along with providing administrative support for the MFA Low-Res program.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
Coordinate all activities in the Copy Center, train student workers and assist with supervision.
Provide support with student worker applications in HireTouch, coordinate student worker schedule each semester.
Ensure the timely and accurate reproduction of printed materials; Gather, organize, and process book orders for nearly 250 classes at the beginning of each semester;
Maintain Copy Center and Grad Lab equipment.
Maintain inventory of Copy Center and department supplies and equipment.
Assist in placing supply orders via Buyway system
Provide clerical support for MFA Low Res program, which include publicity, processing of applications, answering applicant’s questions, assist with the application process via CollegeNet, and other related tasks.
Provide administrative support for MFA director when necessary.
Design and re-configure ads for promotion, in charge of social media to promote program.
Serve as backup support for front office staff.
1) Assists users of department's services by providing information regarding policies and procedures; may assist patrons by aiding them in using services or filling out forms.
2) May assist in the performance of various financial and budgetary tasks including preparing and monitoring budgets, preparing fiscal reports, or processing payments.
3) May assist with various administrative tasks including ordering supplies, preparing requisitions, scheduling use of equipment, maintaining calendars, or conducting research.
4) May prepare various written materials including correspondence, information sheets, or news releases.
5) May maintain and update various files and records; may maintain department's computer databases.
6) May assist in the performance of various clerical tasks including answering phones, typing, opening and distributing mail, or preparing bulk mailings.
Knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment; knowledge of computers and office applications; some knowledge of administrative procedures which may include budgeting, research, preparing fiscal and other reports; supervisory skills; research skills.
Requires six months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and three years of office experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite, Miami Bannerweb; BuyWay; experience with copyright laws in regards to copying limitations; experience with book ordering; familiarity with Oracle and FileMaker Pro. Interest in and/or skills in working with images and text to create small posters, flyers, pamphlets to market programs and events.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.