Detailed Job Description
The Director of the Multi-Cultural Center (MCC) assists the Student Affairs division in achieving its goals, in particular those focused towards student diversity and inclusion as well as increasing opportunities for diverse interactions.
The Director develops, along with Student Affairs leadership, the vision and strategy for the MCC. The Director manages the operation of the MCC with a primary focus on programs and services that enhance the quality of ALANA and multi-ethnic students' university experience.
Additional Description of Duties:
-Through relationships with university faculty and staff, promote the Center as a resource for members of the Bentley community.
- Develop programs and services in conjunction with many campus departments, that promote retention and provide support (academic, adjustment, orientation) for students of color and multi-ethnic backgrounds using assessment, student feedback, divisional goals and best practices.
- Provide direction and support for the major functions of the Center (Summer Transitional Education Program, ALANA Experience, retreats, theme weeks/months, conferences, forums, etc.) Supervise staff responsible for the execution of these programs. Manage and provide oversight of the MCC cost center, ensuring alignment with department and division goals.
- Ensure departmental representation on campus-wide committees including Diversity Council, Orientation and First Week. Provide visible support to the university through attendance at events which align with divisional goals, especially as they relate to ALANA or multi-ethnic students.
- Masters degree in higher education administration or related field and at least five to seven years of progressive experience in higher education preferred, particularly working with ALANA, multi-ethnic, or otherwise diverse, populations.
- Experience supervising professional staff.
- Possess depth and breadth of higher education organizations, and applies that knowledge to further advance the diversity goals of the university.
- Has highly developed interpersonal, supervisory, program/project management, and presentation skills as well as excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Keeps abreast of and possesses current knowledge of higher education student development, especially as it pertains to ALANA and multi-ethnic students.
- Demonstrate effective networking, presentation, and influencing skills, necessary to achieve the established goals of the MCC.
- Has seasoned financial management and budgetary skills sufficient to manage departmental resources.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.