Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/22/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The purpose of this position is to provide program management and coordination for the DIME Detroit campus of MSU Denver. This includes facilitation of coordination between the DIME Detroit Campus and the MSU Denver Music Department and MSU Denver student service departments including admissions, orientation, registration, testing, advising, financial aid, student accounts, student records, and other relevant student service functions. The position also includes budget management and expenditure processing. The position will reside within the MSU Denver Extended Campus program and will be physically located in Denver, Colorado. The DIME Student Services Coordinator will assist students who are taking courses physically in Detroit and taking classes online from Detroit.
The anticipated program in Detroit will include three bachelor’s programs: Commercial Music Performance, Commercial Songwriting, and Music Industry Entrepreneurship. The program will begin by serving over 100 students in year one with the plan to grow significantly in five years. The successful candidate will become an expert in guiding applicants and students through the university and departmental systems to ensure excellent student support services are provided. He or she will effectively represent MSU Denver, including its music programs, both within the University and in the community. The successful candidate will work as part of an administrative unit and must be a self-directed problem-solver who aims to advance the shared knowledge of the team.
1. Student Services Advising – This position provides accurate student services information to all DIME program students from initial contact through graduation via video conferencing, email, telephone, and information sessions, occasionally through face-to-face, and other avenues. This position supports MSU Denver faculty by collaborating with and informing faculty of student progress and academic status in the DIME program. Makes appropriate referrals to University services and thoroughly understands University and Music Department policies and procedures. This position requires a high level of organization, detail-orientation, and multi-tasking abilities to organize and follow through on all management and advising services. Position must be able to work collaboratively with DIME Detroit Campus Manager, DIME Detroit Head of Learning Experience, DIME Detroit Student Recruiter, MSU Denver Music Department chair, and the Denver Academic Coordinator to ensure that there is consistency in student service and advising between DIME Detroit and MSU Denver. Strong technical skills are required to utilize current and future student service systems.
2. Student Services Management – Coordinates all offices related to student services for DIME students. Provides support in areas including but not limited to admissions, course scheduling, orientation, registration, testing, advising, financial aid, student accounts, tuition classification, transfer of credits, program requirements, scholarships, student records, and other relevant student services functions of the cash-funded DIME Program at MSU Denver. Duties may include but are not limited to: data entry; student record organization and management; technical support to applicants, students and faculty; preparing admissions/advising materials; and answering phones/emails. This position will collaborate and work as a team with other administrative staff including staff at DIME Detroit.
3. Budget and Finance – Manages complex program budget with revenue sharing model with DIME Partners. Evaluates and revises budgets and reallocates funding as needed to accommodate changing budget requirements or priorities. Projects and forecasts long-term budget requirements. Analyzes audit reviews. Creates and processes faculty contracts. Works with Accounts Payable to process purchase orders and expenditures for payment. Participates in quarterly budget reviews with MSU Denver budget department.
4. Student & Alumni Activities – Collaborates with appropriate faculty/staff members to coordinate, plan and set up student events such as, but not limited to, orientation, honors recognition, end of year celebrations, etc. Represents both DIME Detroit and MSU Denver at information sessions and other campus, community and national events. Night and weekend hours may be required as well as some travel to the MSU Denver DIME Detroit location.
5. Other duties as assigned including support for other Extended Campus programs.
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. Three years of experience managing, supporting, and overseeing daily program activities to include coordinating multiple administrative units for problem resolution, tracking and resolving student/client issues, and monitoring student/client progress.
3. Two years of budget experience including tracking revenues and expenditures.
4. At least two years of experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook).
1. Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
2. Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the position (e.g., Music, Business) and/or significant experience in the commercial music industry.
3. Advising experience.
4. Experience with Banner or similar related student information database system
5. Experience in higher education administration.
6. Proficiency with video/internet conferencing, audio needs, and recording of video screen sessions.
7.Ability to work night and weekend hours and travel as needed
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.