Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/29/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 1803 - SATSS - PT
Under general supervision of administrative supervisor, provide customer service and assist with the daily operation of the campus parking lots and structures.
Assist in managing the university's parking resources through enforcement of the parking rules and regulations on foot; inspection of parking control devices and observation/reporting of lot usage patterns; issue parking citations to vehicles in violation of the parking rules and regulations; use of hand held computer equipment in process of issuing citations; us of portable radio and/or cellular phone for communication with parking office staff, MUPD staff and supervisor; employ conflict resolution skills to assist dissatisfied motorists by providing basic information regarding policies, parking signs and lot restrictions; assist in parking lot/space reservations; parking garage staffing for special events; parking meter coin collection; inform supervisor of equipment, signs parking lots and other assets in need of replacement or repair; accept payment for garage parking; assist customers with issues in self pay exit lanes; perform cash register opening and closing; reconcile cash drawer and deposits.
1) Assists in managing the Universities parking resources through the policies and the posted parking and transportation rules and regulations. Regularly uses hand held technology to issue parking citations to vehicles parked in violation and immobilizes vehicles when necessary by securing parking boots. On a daily basis releases immobilized vehicles by removing parking boots from vehicles when appropriate. Inspects and properly uses electronic hand held citation writing units including synching handheld with parking software, utilizing parking application to review/update vehicle information and parking history.
2) Patrol parking lots and structures in assigned enforcement territory on foot; noting and reporting any suspicious activity or safety concerns; informing supervisor of maintenance, repairing and signage replacement needs. Secures 'No Parking' or 'Reserved' parking areas with signage by hammering wooden stakes into the ground and posting necessary restriction.
3) Provides parking safety assistance to staff, faculty, students and visitors to include giving directions, explaining garage/parking fees and provides specific information regarding the university's parking policies and procedures. Posts 'Pedestrian Yield' signs in strategic high traffic areas on campus streets and intersections and regularly relocates signs based on traffic congestion and pedestrian safety.
4 )Runs reports, resets software and collects money from parking meters and parking garage equipment.
5) Perform service/attendant function for special events (ice hockey, swim meets, etc…).
6) Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of university rules and regulations, ability to work very well with people of diverse backgrounds; ability to act professionally in emergency situations; basic mathematical and reading aptitude; comfortable sending reading and receiving emails on a daily basis. Physical effort requires considerable walking and standing; may be exposed to extremes in weather; periodic assignments given which entail dealing with modestly unpleasant situations. Lifting of 20-25 lbs on a regular basis for vehicle immobilization situations.
Requires a high school diploma or GED and six months of related experience, or a combination of education and experience.
Customer Services/parking enforcement experience a plus.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.