Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/16/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 1901 - AFSCME - FT (hourly)
Position installs, maintains, repairs, and troubleshoots electrical devices, components, and systems for a university campus consisting of approximately 200 buildings. Position’s primary purpose is to ensure that all electrical systems and auxiliary components are in good working order and that any repairs are completed promptly, properly, and safely.
1. Customer Service Function – Provides assistance to internal and external customers promptly and courteously; maintains frequent communication with the customer concerning status of work requests; performs quality work consistent with manufacturer’s requirements and complies with all applicable codes; maintains a professional appearance and attitude
2. Maintenance & Repair Function – Install, maintain, and repair electrical devices, components, and systems to include motors, transformers, distribution panels, conduit, wiring, kitchen equipment, lighting systems, generators, exterior pole lights, motor control centers, pad switches, and other relevant equipment; determines the root cause of failures
3. Preventive Maintenance Function – Cleans electrical rooms and electrical equipment; utilizes electrical diagnostic equipment to include megging devices, thermal imaging cameras, and motor diagnostic equipment
4. High Voltage Function – Performs operation, maintenance, and switching of high voltage gear up to 12,470 volts; responds to electrical outages to determine cause of failure, takes corrective action, and/or develops plans to minimize effects of outages
5. Contractor Coordination & Oversight – Coordinates the activity of service contractors and new installation contractors to ensure compliance with all plans, specifications, and applicable codes and standards
6. Tool Proficiency – Utilizes a variety of tools necessary to perform electrical work to include conduit benders, electrical testing equipment, electrical safety equipment, rigging equipment, and a variety of hand power tools; maintains tools in a clean and serviceable condition; reports broken or damaged items for repair or replacement
7. Additional Functions – Performs other building trades tasks in maintaining industrial equipment and in response to emergency situations as assigned
Frequent standing and walking with some climbing and lifting of materials weighing 50 to 75 pounds. Frequent operation of equipment. Somewhat unpleasant working conditions. Some exposure to several unpleasant elements which are particularly disagreeable. Some element of personal risk and exposure to accidents. Bending, stooping, carrying, climbing (to include extension ladders); work environment may be very hot or cold.
1. Education/Experience – High school diploma (or GED) required, a minimum of three years of documented experience in electrical work involving at least 480 volts AC required.
2. Driver’s License – Valid driver’s license required
1. General Knowledge – In-depth knowledge and understanding of electricity and electrical system’s interface with other mechanical systems required
2. After-Hours Response – Must be reasonably available after normal business hours, weekends, and holidays for on-site response to serious electrical system malfunctions
3. Attention to Detail - ability to maintain detailed and complete records of maintenance, repair, and testing activities
4. Communication Skills - ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a wide range of persons
6. Customer Service Skills – understanding of modern customer service theories, practices and methods
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.