Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/16/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 1918 - AFSCME - FT (hourly)
Performs a variety of hands on training, kitchen tasks, and custodial duties related to providing meal service to university students and guests. Based on established training guidelines, individual is responsible for ensuring that employees have received the required training and are knowledgeable and capable of properly performing tasks associated with the job. In addition, this individual is responsible for identifying and documenting ongoing training needs and communicating strengths and opportunities to the employee's supervisor. This position would move between locations and shifts to provide training to new staff members, as well as provide unit coverage.
1) Monitors training needs of units; assists in enforcing rules and regulations, especially related to sanitation; provides training to new staff members.
2) Monitors and reviews completed tasks and ensures any necessary changes or corrections are made.
3) Performs a variety of food preparation tasks that includes prepping, cooking, and serving customers.
4) Provides critical coverage for absent employees.
5) Perform regular inspections and conduct regular evaluations of subordinate employee’s work to ensure uniform quality and conformance to established standards of performance.
6) Serves as a liaison between the subordinate employees and management in assigned building to resolve issues/concerns.
7) Willingness to increase learning capacity to acquire additional skills in cleaning, food preparation and supervision as necessary.
Physical effort usually requires considerable walking and standing with some lifting of materials weighing 25 to 50 pounds. Somewhat disagreeable working conditions due to exposure to high temperatures. Some element of personal risk due to very hot surfaces.
Requires six months of training beyond high school in food preparation and one year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of general business administration techniques; knowledge of food preparation and sanitation techniques; supervisory skills. Knowledge of custodial/food service duties and work assignments; knowledge of supervisory principles and practices; ability to deal and communicate effectively and positively with a diverse internal and external customer base. Ability to make informed and effective decisions affecting successful outcome of assigned duties.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.