Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/8/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Director of Administration and Finance is the senior director responsible for the financial and IT/administrative functions for the Operations Division. The Director of Administration and Finance is the key individual responsible for driving organizational change within the Division, in partnership with the Vice President and the Department Directors.
Financial management (5 employees) includes: operating and capital budget development and strategic management reporting, financial analysis and planning, creation of internal controls to track and manage spending consistent with budgets, monthly and quarterly projections and year-end closeout, controls and compliance, policies and procedures, and management of all divisional accounting.
IT/Administrative management (3 employees) includes: oversight of major information systems projects and user support functions across the Division and utilization of IT staff and administrative employees that reside in the Departments to assure most efficient use of the Division's people; evaluation, monitoring and planning for administrative improvement; instituting and tracking consistency with best practice business processes for sustainable procurement and operations; and compliance with the university's policies and controls.
This position serves as the primary contact for the division with Finance, UIT, Human Resources and school fiscal officers and has a dotted line relationship with the Vice President for Finance and Treasurer.
We are looking for an individual with a demonstrated capacity to build organizational change in support of the Division's stewardship and service mission for Tufts University.
* At least ten (10) years of related experience.
* Bachelor's degree in finance, business or related disciplines.
* Must be skilled in Microsoft Office, familiar with Enterprise Management Systems such as Peoplesoft and experienced in using financial management software.
* Significant experience in financial management, proven skills in problem solving, excellent judgement, exceptional communication and collaboration skills, attention to detail, strong analytical skills.
* Demonstrated experience in managing business process/ information technology projects that support a broad range of functions.
* Understanding of requirements for strategic organizational change in a highly decentralized, consensus oriented environment and in developing and fostering positive relationships with diverse constituencies.
* The finalist for this position must successfully complete all appropriate background checks
* 10 plus (10+) years of experience preferred.
* Master’s degree in business or finance, is highly desirable.
* Experience in personnel management and with operations similar to those in the Operations Division or in an educational institution is a plus.
* Experience working in a large Non-Profit Organization and/or management consulting is highly desirable.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/zmh9vvw
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.