Detailed Job Description
Division I Men's Intercollegiate Soccer Coach will have a deep commitment to the educational mission and values of Utah Valley University, while exhibiting the highest professional standards and ethical behavior in the execution of the day-to-day operations of the UVU men's soccer program. The candidate will be responsible for the program's compliance with University, WAC and NCAA rules and regulations.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
Day to day operations that include planning, supervision and coordination of all aspects of administering and coaching a Division I men's soccer intercollegiate program.
Adherence to NCAA, Utah Valley University and WAC rules and regulations and promoting a culture of compliance.
Provide leadership and coordinate practice planning sessions using current and innovative techniques and strategies that will improve the ability and skills of the student-athletes as individuals and as a team. Select, appoint, direct, supervise and evaluate the assistant coaches.
Provide leadership for and preparing competition strategies for individual games. Develop a competitive schedule.
Create and implement recruitment and retentions plans of student-athletes consistent with the mission of the university. Oversee creation, distribution and fully participate in team fund raising events.
Budget development and fiscal management.
Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) in a related field and coaching experience totaling 3 to 5 years.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Possess proven experience to coordinate all aspects of Men's Division I Soccer Program including coaching, recruiting, organizing, planning both practice and game srategies, game management, staffing, fundraising, budgeting and team management.
Knowledge of all NCAA Division I, conference and university rules and regulations.
NCAA recruiting certification will be required.
Demonstrate commitment to departmental engagement, including collaborative interaction with athletic administration, coaches and student-athletes.
Strong communication skills.
Detailed attention to practice, game preparation and scouting of opponents.
A minimum of 3 years of intercollegiate men's soccer coaching experience; or equivalent coaching or playing experience at the collegiate level and/or professional level.
Ability to recruit qualified student-athletes, college administrative experience preferred, demonstrated commitment to academic success of student-athletes and working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
Ability to supervise other coaching staff.
Proven ability to successfully recruit, retain and graduate qualified student-athletes to Men's Soccer Program at UVU.
Proven ability to build a successful program academically and athletically to compete yearly for conference championships and post-season play.
Selective Placement Factors
Must have a USSF "A" or "B" license or international equivalant license
Special Instructions to Applicants
Must have a USSF "A" or "B" license or international equivalant license.
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org