Job ID: 1983 - SATSS - FT
Performs a variety of moderately complex administrative tasks requiring some independent judgment related to ensuring the successful completion of the daily operations of Admission, Registrar and Student Financial Assistance.
1. Maintains complete, accurate, and up to date files and computerdatabases on students.
2. Serves as informational resource for students and parents: investigates and resolves problems and difficulties regarding financial aid. Interprets policies and procedures.
3. Assist parents, students, and authorized individuals in various routine and non-routine activities regarding financial aid.
4. Provides financial literacy education to students and parents and represents Miami University for financial aid presentations on and off campus as needed.
5. Performs a variety of intermediate to complex administrative tasks which may include: monitoring student federal aid progress, processing student documentation, evaluating scholarship processes, evaluating office needs and monitoring purchases.
6. Monitors and reviews projects: ensures all necessary changes are made. Gathers and analyzes statistical information regarding financial aid’s program and activities produces reports.
7. Performs a variety of administrative tasks including answering phones, typing, coordinating bulk mailings, ordering supplies and copying. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Periodic assignments given which entail dealing with modestly unpleasant physical conditions such as near continuous use of computer.
Knowledge of unit's operations, policies, and procedures; knowledge of computers and office applications; knowledge of related state and federal laws, e.g. FERPA; oral and written communication skills; ability to work with people with diverse backgrounds. May require supervisory, clerical and/or research skills
Department request Cover Letter, Resume and References be attached.