Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/12/2011.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Recruiter is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success for faculty and staff throughout Quinnipiac University. This will be achieved through the development and implementation of recruiting and posting plans, screening applicants, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative pro-active recruiting ideas, venues and tools . The Recruiter will play a critical role in ensuring we are hiring the best possible talent to support the growth of the university.
Primary Objectives of the University Recruiter:
- Develop and execute recruiting plans.
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees.
- Bring forth new ideas, tools and strategies to ensure the best possible applicant pools are developed.
- Administrative duties and recordkeeping.
Develop and Execute Recruiting Plans
- Work with hiring managers and HR Business Partners on the recruitment strategy.
- Create or revise position descriptions as needed. Post (in accordance with organization and union rules, as applicable) to QU careers site via ATS.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Handle external postings on job boards and other media in conjunction with ad agency (as needed).
--Post positions to appropriate Internet sources.
--Use data mining techniques to develop new contacts in relevant areas.
--Research new ways of using the Internet for recruitment.
--Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
Network Through Industry Contacts, Association Memberships, Trade Groups and Employees.
- Perform research and stay current on recruitment trends, innovations and technologies to improve our processes and outcomes.
- Manage the use of and relationship with outside vendors.
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in the Applicant Tracking System
- Assist in performing reference and initiate background checks for potential employees.
- Guide hiring managers in developing offer packages; make offers if requested.
- Assist in developing meaningful metrics for recruitment.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with recruiting for a midsized organization or a combination of in-house staffing and executive recruitment and research skills.
- Proven candidate sourcing and relationship building skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Skills in database management (especially ATS) and record keeping.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily assumptions.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Four to seven years of hands-on recruitment or staffing experience for a midsized organization or a combination of in-house staffing and executive recruitment firm experience.
- Strong internet research and networking skills.
- Proficient with databases and excellent phone sourcing skills.
- Advanced certifications in sourcing and recruiting (AIRS, HCI, Boolean Search) or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.