Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/30/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Saint Mary's College of California
Closing Date/Time: Thu. 01/31/13 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary:Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Main Campus, 1928 Saint Mary's Road, Moraga, CA 94556, California
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
This position is the primary leader in implementing the Saint Mary's College brand through its visual identity and will support institutional marketing objectives through developing creative solutions to marketing problems across digital, print and environmental platforms.
• Strengthens the College's market distinction, leadership position, and ultimately it's reputation and revenue streams through strategic thought leadership and creative solutions. Assure creative standards are met across the institution.
• Directs all aspects of design and production for Saint Mary's College to achieve strategic marketing objectives. This includes design strategy, conceptualization. Executes and directs others in publication and marketing projects across all platforms, including print and digital, ensuring that all materials communicate a high-quality, creative, and consistent visual representation of the College while helping to achieve its marketing objectives.
• Leads the development and implementation of creative strategies and designs for the institution's web and interactive media presence.
• Serves as the primary steward of visual identity for the institution, ensuring consist and effective implementation of the brand and serving as a campus resource to ensure integrated communications across the College. Establish stretegic partnerships with Deans and other campus leadership to ensure effected integrated communications across the institution.
• Provides leadership for the creative development of the institution's flagship publication, the Saint Mary's magazine.
• Supervises two senior designers. Inspire and guide the design team to creative excellence as both a mentor and a contributor. Foster teamwork with designers and writers to set an environment conducive to idea exchange. Assist designers with career and skills development.
• Understands business context and goals for creative efforts. Interact effectively with all levels of management and staff across the institution.
• Leads the production process for creative projects from inception to completion ensuring on-time to delivery.
• Collaborates with freelancers and outside agencies to ensure consistency across channels. Collaborate with production vendors to maintain and evolve efficient processes.
• Develops and implement media plans that serve the needs of internal partners budgets and marketing objectives.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree and eight or more years of design experience in agency or higher education setting with some supervisory experience.
• A solid expertise in print, web, email and interactive design and the production process for each.
• Experience managing/leading design teams.
• Highly organized, with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely, as well as a demonstrated willingness to share ideas with individuals at all levels.
• Enjoy demonstrating initiative and creativity, excel at originating ideas, anticipate and implement next steps, generate improvement opportunities and translate new ideas into workable solutions.
• Strong problem solving skills, ability to understand and identify key strategic issues, and develop creative design solutions to assignments.
• Experience enforcing and propagating visual identity style guidelines.
• Thorough familiarity and competence with latest Adobe Creative Suite software, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Solid understanding of browser technologies.
• Comprehensive awareness and interest in new platforms and technologies for the digital channel.
Apply at our website:
1) Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
2) A resume
3) The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Candidates who become finalists will be expected to sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check. Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.