Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/26/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
University of California Santa Cruz
FULL TIME; CAREER
Starting Salary Range: $47,000-$52,000/annually. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
The Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM) and Health Professions Career Adviser is responsible for career related program development, advising and workshops for undergraduate and graduate students and alumni focused on life sciences, physical sciences, math, engineering, health careers and preparation for graduate and post baccalaureate health professions programs including support for the career development of underrepresented and first generation students interested in STEM fields.
• Experience developing and conducting career/life planning workshops, advising sessions and student action plans
• Multicultural competency and experience advising diverse groups of students and alumni
• Experience relating to undergraduate, graduate and post doc students so they feel comfortable in seeking advice
• Oral and written communication skills including the ability to make effective group presentations, and to describe programs and provide information with clarity
• Superior written communication skills including demonstrated ability to edit for persuasive presentation of content as well as polished grammar, spelling and punctuation
Position is open until filled; Initial Review Date: 01-15-2013
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application: http://apptrkr.com/308383
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit they must be submitted electronically via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site (http://jobs.ucsc.edu ) on or before the initial review date. Computers are available at the UCSC Staff Human Resources office located at 1201 Shaffer Road, Santa Cruz. For further information or to request disability accommodation call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service 800-735-2922. The University of California, Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.