Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/29/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 1905 - Unclassified - FT
Provide service to Miami University community for hardware and software supported by IT Services. Function as a senior support resource and assist other support staff on servicing designated systems, providing ongoing guidance to the support team, and assist in the creation and success of a warranty and non-warranty hardware support center. Organize and maintain work tickets and provide excellent customer service. Troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues related to the designated environment.
1. Provide Tier II support for faculty, staff, and students by solving escalated Incidents through direct knowledge and through consulting with Subject Matter Experts.
* Associate's degree in a related field by date of hire.
* Intermediate (2+ years) experience in troubleshooting and repairing hardware problems in a complex networked environment
* Basic experience (1+ years) working on Microsoft Windows related products in a computer support environment.
* Basic experience (1+ years) working on Mac/Apple related products in a computer support environment.
* Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted. Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently.
* Intermediate knowledge (2+ years) of troubleshooting and repairing hardware problems in a complex networked environment
* Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
* Basic knowledge (1+ years) of networking and databases
* Basic knowledge (1+ years) of application software
* Dell Business Class Hardware Certification
* Apple Hardware and Software Certification Assessed through Interview
* Ability to analyze causes of client problems
* Ability to generate solutions to problem causes
* Customer service skills; including diplomatically, patiently, and successfully handling complaints, problems, questions, conflict, and suggestions
* Ability and willingness to work independently in a team environment
* Ability to take initiative in providing support to the client
* Ability to create and improve documentation, instructions, and detailed case descriptions
* Ability to prioritize projects and work on multiple projects simultaneously
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.