Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/26/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Rochester Institute of Technology
FACULTY POSITION IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING AT RIT DUBAI
RIT Dubai is currently seeking applications from exceptional candidates for full-time positions in Mechanical Engineering in the area of mechanics and design as well as thermal systems and design. RIT Dubai is looking for a highly qualified, motivated and enthusiastic individual to help in establishing a comprehensive American university campus in UAE. Responsibilities include teaching and education activities, course development, undergraduate and graduate advising; and professional service activities (committees, professional societies, and leadership activities). This position is focused on a primarily-teaching workload model.
The appointment may be at the Lecturer or Assistant Professor rank. Individuals who will be on sabbatical or interested in a visiting position are also welcome to apply. The selected faculty is expected to start on August 15, 2013 in Dubai.
• Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering,
• Mechanics and Design faculty: Ability to teach undergraduate courses including statics, strength of materials, dynamics, system dynamics, and related labs, and other core courses in mechanical engineering.
• Thermal Systems and Design faculty: Ability to teach undergraduate courses including thermodynamics, fluids mechanics, heat transfer, engineering design tools and related labs, and other core courses in mechanical engineering.
• Practical industrial experience in the broad field of Mechanical Engineering.
• Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering
• Previous teaching experience
• Demonstrated industry experience in the field
• Excellent communication skills.
RIT Dubai a branch campus of the Rochester Institute of Technology in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It was established in June 2008 to offer RIT degrees and curriculum in Dubai. Currently it offers bachelors and masters degree programs in engineering, business, computing and leadership.
RIT is a multifaceted university located in Rochester, New York. The university offers more than 200 options in its professional career programs and delivers courses on-campus, online and in numerous international locations. The university enrolls more than 18,500 students who come to RIT from all 50 states and more than 90 countries.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit the following items as part of your application:
• Resume or curriculum vitae
• Contact information
• A cover letter detailing your technical/professional, teaching, and scholarship qualifications and achievements, and how these address the required and preferred qualifications for the position.
• A teaching philosophy statement
• Names, addresses and phone numbers of three references
Applications review will begin immediately and continue until a candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information please visit RIT Dubai website at www.dubai.rit.edu.
The Rochester Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified individuals with the ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the university’s continuing commitment to its core values, honor code and diversity statement are encouraged to make application.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.