Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/22/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Director, Veteran Student Services is responsible for the coordination and daily operation of the Office of Veteran Student Services (VSS), which is committed to supporting veteran students with academic and overall student success. Interpret and implement university policies to support veteran students through their transition, especially as it relates to financial aid, student services and career planning. This position reports directly to the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs.
NOTE: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar or related or a logical assignment to the position. Management may require incumbents to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
• Provides needs assessment, program goals and guidelines for the VSS program.
• Provides orientation, recruitment and retention services.
• Supervises, trains, and evaluates the staff to meet the goals and objectives of the program.
• Staffs advisory committee to provide services to veterans, including but not limited to, the Veteran Military Education Excellence Funds program.
• Establishes liaisons between local, civic and veterans groups.
• Plans new aspects of programs affected by legislation.
• Manages budget.
• Advises veterans in career and academic management.
• Advises the Student Veteran Association student organization.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of career placement, training, retention programs.
• Knowledge of federal rules and regulations from the Veterans Administration.
• Knowledge of special needs of veterans and financial aid benefits.
• Ability to interpret Veterans Administration regulations and act as liaison between the college veteran and the Veterans Administration.
• Ability to supervise and train staff.
• Develop and maintain program records.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Establish cooperative working relationships in the course of performing assigned duties.
• Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
• Military and/or knowledge of and familiarity with the sociological, cultural, and transitional issues of military and veteran students preferred.
• Higher Education experience with Veterans Student Services office and related issues preferred.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.