Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/19/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position manages the technical infrastructure of Banner as utilized by the Office of the Registrar, as well as other software employed by the department. This position is considered the user expert within the department and serves as the primary technical liaison between the Office of the Registrar and OIT, and is responsible for implementing new processes affecting Banner as used by the Office of the Registrar and the student end user, including testing system upgrades and defining new software needs. This position takes the lead on development and maintenance of BDMS processes, R25/S25, Degree Verify, and National Student Clearinghouse reporting functions.
1. Maintain department specific tables and control forms of the Banner system; in conjunction with OIT, maintain all shared Banner tables and control that impact the Office of the Registrar.
2. Maintain and troubleshoot CAPP, Catalog and Articulation modules in Banner: Maintain the Banner course catalog by adding, ending, or updating course information as directed by the academic administration; Maintain and update CAPP for changes to majors, minors, concentrations, and other degree or certificate requirements as dictated by regular catalog revisions. Under the guidance of the Assistant Registrar for Technology, develop and maintain reports for QA and batch processing of course changes as directed.
3. Under the guidance of the Assistant Registrar for Technology, develop and maintain processes for grading, registration, and course and room scheduling; Maintain Banner forms and tables for grading and registration; Manage R25/S25 classroom scheduling software; Develop and run reports to ensure data integrity of grading and registration procedures.
4. Support the Verification Specialist by working with the Assistant Registrar for Technology and other impacted departments to develop, process and maintain reports and data exchanges as mandated by federal guidelines (Department of Education, National Student Clearinghouse, IRS, Cal Grant, etc.); Ensure timely transmission of this data by troubleshooting any issues with the data transmission.
5. Under the guidance of the Assistant Registrar for Technology, design, develop and generate reports to pull data from Banner and other software applications (such as R25 and S25) as needed for the Registrar’s Office or other university departments.
6. Under the guidance of the Assistant Registrar for Technology, develop and run end of term degree completion reports and other processes; Develop and run processes for automated degree completion and batch process CAPP reports; Develop and run reports and batch processes in preparation for commencement.
7. Under the guidance of the Assistant Registrar for Technology, assist in the assessment and evaluation of current technology practices. Research, evaluate and develop effective application of other new or underutilized technology processes including: BDMS; Workflow Management; Degree Verify; Banner data queries and data mining; and the Banner Communications Module and pop select functions.
8. Maintain documentation related to technical enhancements whenever changes or upgrades are made to Banner or other software applications utilized by the Office of the Registrar.
9. Maintain currency within the Banner system and other software by participating in list serves, regular trainings, and technology conferences when appropriate.
10. Under the guidance of the Assistant Registrar for Technology, develop QA reports to monitor adherence to data standards and data integrity both within the Registrar’s Office and across the university and communicate data reliability issues to Registrar’s Office leadership; work with Registrar’s Office leadership to provide department managers with programs to assist and identifying data integrity issues and for maintaining accurate data.
11. Occasionally assist in Registrar’s Office duties such as Student ID processing, Transcript requests, Schedule building, and other customer service functions.
12. Maintain and Update the Registrar’s Office website with guidance of the Assistant Registrar for Technology.
13. Other tasks as assigned by the Registrar and Assistant Registrar.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
One year directly related experience desirable. Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access. Demonstrated ability in learning new technology via different training methods. Must be detail oriented and capable of managing multiple deadlines.
Knowledge of Ellucian Banner software is a plus. An understanding of policies and procedures in an education environment as they are reflected in technology application is strongly desired. Strong analytical and problem solving skill is essential.
The hiring range for this position is dependent upon qualifications and departmental equity. Benefits of employment include a comprehensive health and welfare plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse and dependent children and a generous 10% contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.