Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/25/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Director of Marketing, Public Relations and Graphic Design Services
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 1/11/2016
Mission College is seeking a talented leader to fill the position of Director of Marketing, Public Relations and Graphic Design Services. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate the college for its friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
Under direction of a College President, plan, develop and implement strategic marketing, public information, and community and governmental relations programs to highlight College strengths and position it competitively within budget constraints; serve as primary liaison with the media and provide accurate and timely public information; coordinate major college events or assist in coordinating community events on behalf of the college. Serve as photographer, direct alumni relations and supervise college Webpage and graphic designer and other departmental staff.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 40 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of February 17, 2016. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a Classified Administrator and part of the Administrative employee unit.
Work Location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CA.
PLEASE NOTE :
We have begun a district-wide classification study of all regular, non-faculty staff positions. A classification study is a process of studying, analyzing, and describing the nature and level of work performed by employees. This classification study will ultimately produce uniform job descriptions for every employee.
The classification study will also include a compensation study that will provide information on what other employers pay employees who are performing similar duties. The District will use this information to ensure that our employees are adequately compensated.
The classification study started in November 2014 and is expected to take approximately 12-18 months to complete. As a result of this study, it is possible for the job description and/or compensation to change in this position opening.
Salary and Benefits:
• Anticipated Hiring Range: $7,323–$7,886 monthly (Administrative Salary Schedule, Range 10, Steps A-C).
• Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
• Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
• Voluntary life insurance.
• 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
• 22 days vacation leave accrued annually (25 days after 5 years).
• 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
• Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
• Professional development and renewal leave.
• $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
• CalPERS retirement.
1. Education & Experience – Any combination equivalent to a master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations and/or graphic design or any combination of education and experience substantially equal to a master’s degree in any one of these fields;
2. Demonstrated ability to effectively work with persons of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty of the position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions required for the position.
• Establish annual goals and objectives for assigned programs to enhance and further the College’s mission, goals and objectives; direct the planning, development, and implementation of a proactive marketing and public relations program to accomplish goals and objectives; oversee public information and marketing presented on the college website; develop and recommend annual budget and monitor expenditures.
• Serve as a resource, advisor and coordinator for the President and administrative staff regarding marketing, public information/relations and events coordination to assure that students, college staff, legislators, civic and corporate leaders, and the public are fully informed of available college course offerings, services, and activities. Develop and oversee implementation of college marketing plan.
• Recommend new or improved public, community or governmental relations opportunities to the President; provide advice on internal and external marketing and communications systems and methods; assist the President and administration with outreach efforts as appropriate; write speeches for the President as requested.
• Advise the President on the probable public relations consequences relating to shifts in existing programs and policies; assist the President in explaining public opinion to College or District staff; assist the President in communicating Board and District policies and decisions to the college staff and community members.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/713349
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.